• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Anyone know anything about theBlueprint to Dhol Mastery

djjag

Has anyone bought or used or heard anything about the Blueprint to Dhol Mastery? I was thinking about getting it just to check it out but does anyone know anything about it, or if there is something similar or better to it that maybe free. Any help would really be appreciated thanks guys.

jdeol

If its the one from how to play dhol .com, then its okay. Honestly everything that was in the blue print i already knew, but if your a beginner in dhol than you should get it.

Preeti Bal

its pretty much the same stuff on how to play dhol's youtube videos. you might as well just watch his videos on youtube or downlowading them to mp3.

Re: Anyone know anything about the Blueprint to Dhol Mastery

I don't know anything about a "blueprint"...but this work (link below) contains "hundreds" of dhol rhythms (I never really counted them, but there are a lot!), which I documented directly from the playing of dhol masters in Punjab. I am sure there are more rhythms notated here than in any blueprint. Check it out if you like, on this thread:

http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/main-bhangra-discussion/major-publication-on-dhol-punjabi-dances-musicians-culture/

Gibb