Apna Bhangra Crew @ Warrior Bhangra 2010 (GTVHD)

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
heyy WOW okay first of all I really, reeally liked this routine. I was actually glued to the screen for the whole video and that doens't happen to me much anymore these days. I think what I really like was that it was chock-full of good bhangra, with a bunch of fun stuff thrown in. bench press was awesome! haha. it was fun but not gimmicky, i think you found just the right balance of good bhangra, with little goodies to make the audience cheer and laugh. I loved it.

my onlyy complaint is that there's no grace.. energy was crazy, but too much pure energy is not fun to watch either. I wish you would just execute some moves with better form (straighten ur backs, clean your hands) and grace. beginning chunk of jhummar i think you guys did a nice job that's wut i'd like to see more of, but for example kato is kind of cracked out, and jugni (when there's a stunt in middle and you guys make a circle around). jugni imagine if you guys slowed it down, bounced ur modheyy, and stepped into the circle proper heel-toe heel-toe -- woulda made it crazy good!

anyway I barely write such long comments for anyone anymore sooo.. I really hope you consider my 2 cents. i'm definitely a fan now, I will be watching this video many times again and I can't wait to see what you come out with next. congrats and goodluck in the future!

rsingh90

abc my boys, you guys killed it, loved the 12 man set! stamina was there for the most part, harmeet, kenny i love the nakhre...formations were on point. kudiye badam rangiye i thought turned it up another level which was awesome. sounds like you guys had the crowd into the set too.

going along w/ what kinnell said, i feel like a little more grace into some moves in the routine wouldn't hurt, and might bring your dancing to another level..but your style is what makes you ABC, don't change it.

Gurbir23

wickd performance, entertaining as hell....and the macarena......is it so wrong i was a little turned on ?......but i think the reason you guys didnt place higher were at some points it got really sloppy, maybe its because you guys are so chalked full of energy ( thats a good thing) but i think its taking away from the cleanliness of the overall performance.....besides that....nasty performance!

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
I was not really all that excited by the routine. I think some of additions were really good but overall I'd say your fall 2009 routine (idol/bulldog for example) was a stronger

Part of that may be familiarity, but I actually like the changes in the songs that are the same in both. Sapps for instance just felt very underwhelming, you have one big formation movement and it's the first thing you do, then a lot of steps in a horizontal line, which is fine, but everyone needs to be buck there and on tape it really only looked like a few people went buck

I love that you have a style though and I got to say that it's nice to see you keep it and stick to what you like. Huge fan of the blue jori doing a khunde-swing-jump cause it highlights a member but he went right back into line on the next 4 beats, that type of shit is awesome.

Just work on getting all dancers together, it just seems like everyone is doing their own thing sometimes and it looks really bad.

sunnyd48

like the performance, lots of creative ideas, but it got a little bit sloppy with formations sometimes...

does anyone know the song at 5:06?

thanks

HarmanSingh

I am not a fan of this style of bhangra (or lack of bhangra) because much of the routine looked like it was hardly rooted in any folk dance. But if this is your flavor, thats cool. The biggest issue is lack of grace in nearly all segments, a lack of uniformity in moves and execution of moves. If you work on that I am sure you will fare well in modern competitions.

Gabroo

liked the mix, fairly clean performance but I agree that you guys could a little more grace in some parts but you guys always seem to improve. good job :)

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Overall it was a high energy routine, and everyone generally keeps it at that level. Some creative ideas in there.

However, execution of moves really needs some work. As people have already said there's a clear lack of grace and a sense of sloppiness/jerkiness. Start with the basics and develop that uniformity with everyone on the team and it will come together strong.

I'm not saying anything about changing your style up or whatever, your choice, but there are definitely points to improve on to make the overall performance stronger.

Ajaypalsingh

that set was hella sick. I wanna see your jashan performance so dam bad, i remember hearing your mix in the car when you were dropping us back off to the airport when we were at rangla punjab. It was AMAZINGG!!! Good job guys :)

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
kinnell said:
This may not be constructive, but it's my opinion - I dislike your style. I'm not sure why I didn't notice this before this performance, but you guys are really JERKY and not GRACEFUL enough. You guys have the energy and the cleanliness, but I'm not digging the jerkiness at all. The spins and gimmicky stuff are cool and creative, but the manner it was executed makes me cringe. I feel that the entire routine can really benefit from an mega infusion of grace.

In terms of technical components, the fits are beautiful. However, way too many chaadre malfunctions. I can understand that it may happen with all the double spins, but at the same time, we don't things that may compromise the pagh/turla, so y'all should keep that in mind regarding the chaadra. Once a dude sees too much leg from another dude, he is turned off to the rest of the performance. It's just a fact of life. At times, your dancers need to work on their form - I feel that their back isn't straight enough or their head sticks out forward. The mix and choreography itself was great, but the execution and style were a huge turn off for me. Congrats on the placing though! :)
Ok, did some thinking, and I decided Im not gonna be a d-bag to you guys this time.

great points kinnell, I totally agree. take a team like nachdi jawani's execution and have them perform this set and you will see something completely different. Looks like you put so much time and effort into your routines (ie, mix and chore) and yet the ending result on stage does not reflect it. Forget about your placings for a minute, because we all know judging is rarely ever accurate. You guys execute your routines like they're meaningless, like a high school pep rally or something. From your vardiyaan, to your posture, to your overall performance, you guys just dont look like you guys care to LOOK GOOD. If you guys tweaked those things, you would just be that much better. The talent is there, but its raw talent.

Kush

Meistro said:
kinnell said:
This may not be constructive, but it's my opinion - I dislike your style. I'm not sure why I didn't notice this before this performance, but you guys are really JERKY and not GRACEFUL enough. You guys have the energy and the cleanliness, but I'm not digging the jerkiness at all. The spins and gimmicky stuff are cool and creative, but the manner it was executed makes me cringe. I feel that the entire routine can really benefit from an mega infusion of grace.

In terms of technical components, the fits are beautiful. However, way too many chaadre malfunctions. I can understand that it may happen with all the double spins, but at the same time, we don't things that may compromise the pagh/turla, so y'all should keep that in mind regarding the chaadra. Once a dude sees too much leg from another dude, he is turned off to the rest of the performance. It's just a fact of life. At times, your dancers need to work on their form - I feel that their back isn't straight enough or their head sticks out forward. The mix and choreography itself was great, but the execution and style were a huge turn off for me. Congrats on the placing though! :)
great points kinnell! I totally agree :)
lol... deleted post meistro? ;)

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
yes I deleted my post. Go have fun with that one eh..I felt like being constructive towards these guys for once, instead of being an asshole to them like I always am.

vaibhav

Honestly, this was a kick-ass routine! :)
but i've totally got to agree with the others that grace was lacking! loved the gimmicks and mix! post it soon! ;D

yuvraj_yuvi

thisguy said:
killer set, really entertaining

whats the song that starts at 6:05?
song at 6.05:Kuriye Badam Rangiye===http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/index.php/topic,8663.0.html

You will get the song here