New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem
yo check yourself before you speak.....If you have never heard of Sahara one then thats sad...I pretty sure everyone else has heard of them its an Indian channel that is broadcaster all over..like Zee TV....Last year was a disaster with the DVDz because Filmy failed to get back to use in time..took them 6 months...that is why we switched to Sahara One...DVD should be released by Dec....and when they do come out...they are much better quality and professionally printed compared to other competition DVDs that are sold, both in printing and design....why don't you do some research before you come here and talk sh!t....and as far as your "cost production BS"Vick said:Boston Bhangra, I believe you should abide by the rules set by SOBtv, not the other way around... They have a lot more pull than you guys... haaha... and what the f*ck is Sahara One? Is that a tv channel? No one in North America gets that damn channel, whats the point... I'm bringing my camera if I do come, and every video will be online for BTF to see... Screw DVD sales, you guys take forever to get those things created and when they do come out, they're shitty anyways.. I'm not paying 20 bucks for something that should cost like 5... Dont give me that whole cost of production BS, everyone knows how those CD's are made...
also please check out sobTV @ BTF kickoff party, perhaps my personal favorite (of 2)meryum said:secondly, if you haven't yet experienced sobTV, PLEASE check out some of your favorite BTF celebs in our coverage from PaoBhangra7:
not sure who the producers where or what exactly happened on 05...but we can't release the DVD until Sahara One broadcasts them...they are our grand sponsors and we do have to abide by some of their requests....lol and i saw SobTV and i love it...i like what you guys are doing here..I have nothing against SobTV....Saleem said:I'm not sure who the DVD producer was in BBC 2005, but it was delayed and zero post-processing work. BBC streamed the competition to the competitors' room where we saw the different camera angles, etc. If you compare a recording of that projection with the final DVD, the footage, cuts, etc were all the same. But it took a couple months to release the DVDs, which were of course not priced cheap. Who was the producer that year?
also please check out sobTV @ BTF kickoff party, perhaps my personal favorite (of 2)meryum said:secondly, if you haven't yet experienced sobTV, PLEASE check out some of your favorite BTF celebs in our coverage from PaoBhangra7:
http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/index.php?topic=1452.0
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/video/video.php?v=563424795188&subj=15702633
Abhi please pull your wet panties out of your butt crack... I know tons of people with indian cable packages, and um, Sahara One is definately not something to brag about... I was actually being saracastic when I said that, but the underlying meaning I implied was the same, Sahara One is not like some big channel that everyone thrives to have...Abhi said:yo check yourself before you speak.....If you have never heard of Sahara one then thats sad...I pretty sure everyone else has heard of them its an Indian channel that is broadcaster all over..like Zee TV....Last year was a disaster with the DVDz because Filmy failed to get back to use in time..took them 6 months...that is why we switched to Sahara One...DVD should be released by Dec....and when they do come out...they are much better quality and professionally printed compared to other competition DVDs that are sold, both in printing and design....why don't you do some research before you come here and talk sh!t....and as far as your "cost production BS"
we give about 5 teams DVDs so do the math 5teams*15people...75 DVD we have to make that cost break even...hence the price raise....if you don't know what it takes to run a competition avoid talking shit..
Sulmoney I got you message i will see if we can work something out for you bro...i like the Idea of SobTV, just worried about it messing up out flow of teams coming on and off there is really no backstage...but let me see if we can work something
This is so ironic that its just sad. But I would love to see more sobTV stuff, the video from Pao Bhangra was really funny.so please shut the f*ck up again and dont respond like a immature little child
Vick why do you always need to escalate the trashtalk and attack the person, why don't you just argue what you want to say??? You started with what you thought of DVDs that cost $$ and take too long, whatever that's fine; it has some attitude to it but who cares, it's your right.Vick said:Screw DVD sales, you guys take forever to get those things created and when they do come out, they're shitty anyways.. I'm not paying 20 bucks for something that should cost like 5... Dont give me that whole cost of production BS, everyone knows how those CD's are made...
Abhi responded, and other than saying "check yourself" and calling BS on one point, he didn't curse you off or anything. in fact he specifically told you why the DVDs cost how much they do and specifically why they went to Sahara One. What more do you want from the guy?Abhi said:yo check yourself before you speak.... "cost production BS"...if you don't know what it takes to run a competition avoid talking shit..
Vick said:Abhi please pull your wet panties out of your butt crack... shut the f*ck up again and dont respond like a immature little child ... Nope, you tend to act like your amart guy, figure it out...
Vick said:Abhi please pull your wet panties out of your butt crack... I know tons of people with indian cable packages, and um, Sahara One is definately not something to brag about... I was actually being saracastic when I said that, but the underlying meaning I implied was the same, Sahara One is not like some big channel that everyone thrives to have...Abhi said:yo check yourself before you speak.....If you have never heard of Sahara one then thats sad...I pretty sure everyone else has heard of them its an Indian channel that is broadcaster all over..like Zee TV....Last year was a disaster with the DVDz because Filmy failed to get back to use in time..took them 6 months...that is why we switched to Sahara One...DVD should be released by Dec....and when they do come out...they are much better quality and professionally printed compared to other competition DVDs that are sold, both in printing and design....why don't you do some research before you come here and talk sh!t....and as far as your "cost production BS"
we give about 5 teams DVDs so do the math 5teams*15people...75 DVD we have to make that cost break even...hence the price raise....if you don't know what it takes to run a competition avoid talking shit..
Sulmoney I got you message i will see if we can work something out for you bro...i like the Idea of SobTV, just worried about it messing up out flow of teams coming on and off there is really no backstage...but let me see if we can work something
DVD "should" be released by December, thats good, thats what every competition says, how are you guys any different... so please shut the f*ck up again and dont respond like a immature little child until your competition proves otherwise...
I'm sure the camera crew is expensive, there are MILLIONS of ways to create DVD's and work out contracts with them... I dont know what the exact cost of production of one DVD is, but I can almost gaurentee its way f*ckin higher than it needs to be... Will I sit here and explain how you should get it done? Nope, you tend to act like your a mart guy, figure it out...
I see what you are trying to say but i don't think your analogy can be fully applied in this argument. UK and Australia are two countries amongst many that have Punjabis/other Desis that understand Bhangra or know what it is...People who subscribe to Shara One are going to be Desis who understand what bhangra is and as well as what they are watching....so i don't think its a waste at all......i ma not going to drag other teams into this but teams from Cali have called saying there Family in UK show the show and show them on stage and they loved it.....we have gotten e-mails from people in the UK asking when the competition is going to be airing again...so not a complete waist at all...not to mention teams from UK have applied to our competition because they have seen it(i hope the E-board doesn't kill me for releasing thisVick said:Sahara is big in other countries, thats great, kinda like how Obama gave his one of his most memorable speeches in front of a crowd that cant even vote for him(Berlin or something), what good does it for for most people who actually want to watch the show?