• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Basement Bhangra

Vijay

Member
Messages
646
so im going to the city for the week tomorrow, thinking about hitting up basement bhangra on thursday, anyone know or think its worth going to or if its even on for this thurs? let me know ppl, im lookin for something to do during the evenings..
 

Jessica

www.bigapplebhangra2011.com
Messages
547
yeah it is this thursday

someone also asked about basement bhangra before on BTF and everyone pretty much said that it's fun when you're with a group of people, the lines will be pretty long, as usual. Its a small place so everyone will be extremely close to each other and there will be ALOT of sweat lol. but once again, if you're with friends, you should have fun. also at basement bhangra the crowd is a bit older, around 23 to 29 maybe. & DJ Rekha does NOT know how to DJ !!!

lol i hope i helped.
 

dheerja

Member
Messages
607
Vijay! Just thought I'd give an orange shoutout. Anyway, don't go with high expectations. Music is horrific, you'll basically be dancing bhangra to non-bhangra music so go with friends who can make that fun to do.
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Jessica summed up the entire discussion on that topic. I have yet to go, but friends who have gone say the same thing. Don't go sober.
 

Kapil

Wear Responsibly 2.0 || One for All...All for FAUJ
Messages
133
haha kinnel so true definitely don't go sober. then hit up mamouns after for some dope ass falafels. [ also if you can its much much more fun going with people who actually know how to dance rather than total newbs ]

i was in nyc last summer and went quite a few times...be careful if you/your friends are under 21 though, sometimes they can be strict. there's this big black guy too who claims to have a good memory (if he's still there, its pretty good) so if you try to rub the stamp onto someone he might be like hey i didnt let you in etc.

theres also somethin you can print out to save money off the cover, if i remember correctly..

-Kapil
 

Vivek

Member
Messages
166
I went last night for the first time, it wasn't that bad. The music pretty good, the bhangra was fast, but mixed well. And the lesson they had was funny...Sarina Jain-ish bhangra haha. Definitely meant for n00bs and non-desis and fobs.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
It's all about who you go with (e.g. BTF meetup party lol)
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
DJ Rekha showed up in Cleveland. The entire crowd was fobby grad students. I had a fun time because I danced with friends and stuff, but since it was on a Wednesday night, there was no one there.

At the end, DJ Rekha made an announcement. "If I come back to Cleveland, can you guys bring more people, please?". LOLZ Her Bhangra wasn't too bad, but she didn't seem to take requests which pissed the fuck out of me. Is this something that happens at Basement Bhangra too?

So in the end, unless its with friends, I'm not gonna go out of my way to go to Basement Bhangra.
 

Vivek

Member
Messages
166
I dunno, I left before she even went on (dont know if she even did), because she's annoying as fuck.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
kinnell said:
she didn't seem to take requests which pissed the fuck out of me. Is this something that happens at Basement Bhangra too?
No requests when I was there. I was walkin around with sulmoney or something and was like "I wanna make a request, where the fuck is the DJ???" and it seems all the bouncer heard was "where the fuck is the DJ???" and that's when the fun started.
 

abhigames

Member
Messages
709
yeah shes ugly as balls and gives me nightmares, but shes also really weird mannish and like not someone u can talk to. plus shes not even a good dj.
 
Top