• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bayside Bhangra 2011 Committee Follow Up

Greetings,

On behalf of the Bayside Bhangra 2011 Committee we want to thank everyone for their support this year.

Bayside Bhangra had tremendous success and we are all thankful to the staff who worked to put it together and all the teams who made it possible.

As we wrap up everything for this year, and begin making preparations for next year, we ask that everyone continue to give us feedback and critique on any aspects that we could have worked on to make better. We are still a very young competition and continuously keep learning from our mistakes on how to do things better for next year. Some things we definitely will be fixing are:
- Increased security throughout the entire weekend at hotel, venue, after-party, etc
- Increased verification of only registered members allowed at Bayside Bhangra events
- Allowing all team members to sit in the audience during the show
- Bigger venue/space for our mixer

For those who attended, a disclaimer we want to release regarding Saturday night's incident is as follows:
***THE INCIDENT AFTER THE PARTY AT THE HOTEL WAS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY BAYSIDE BHANGRA STAFF MEMBER OR TEAM MEMBER. THE INDIVIDUAL INVOLVED WAS REMOVED FROM THE PREMISES ONCE THE SITUATION WAS RESOLVED AND WE JUST WANT ALL TEAMS TO KNOW THAT THE ENTIRE COMMITTEE APOLOGIZES FOR THE MISHAP AND WILL BE TAKING EXTRA MEASURES TO ENSURE UNAFFILIATED MEMBERS DO NOT INTERRUPT THE BAYSIDE BHANGRA WEEKEND EXPERIENCE IN THE FUTURE***

We want to wish good luck to the recovery of the member from SMD who was injured during our mixer and we are glad to hear that she is doing much better now.

Other than that, we thank you again for your support and encourage everyone to keep posting reviews regarding the competition and weekend, especially reviews and critique on aspects that we can improve on.

I wish we would say that we are providing all teams with a Full, Edited, HD Copy of their performance (which was the original plan) BUT somebody stole our camera immediately after the show. IF anyone has information regarding this please let us know. Teams, I hope you understand and we apologize for that inconvenience.

I want to give a special shout out to all the Team Captains for doing exactly as the staff and liaisons asked of them, and making things easier and more efficient for the committee as it was tough to control 200+ individuals.

Special acknowledgment to the following individuals:
Hasneet Kaur - Director of Operations for Bayside Bhangra 2012??
Kuleen Shah - Logistics and all bookings (Along with Ricky Patel, Shiv Patel)
Swapnil Patel - Controlled all aspects of Backstage (Along with Sagar Shah, Rupal Patel, Himan Joshi)
Dipesh Patel/Viraj Ajmeri - All technical elements
Gaurav Gadodia - Literally helped with every aspect of the weekend from Mixer to Food to Ticketing to Back Stage
Jay Kalam - The man in charge of smooth running of the parties
Dilesh Patidar/Pranav Deshpande/Paras Patel/Agent Patel - Kept the hotel under control
Karan Patel/Asif Fazal/Vinay Patel - Theater Set-Up
Awneet Kaur - Mixer & Show ticketing

All Liaisons - THE INDIVIDUALS RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH TEAM, THE JUDGE'S, & THE HOST...AND MAKING SURE THEY HAVE THE MOST HOSPITABLE EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE! These individuals make or beak Bayside Bhangra and deserve all the credit!

Sincerely,

Vince Patel
Director of Operations
Bayside Bhangra 2011 Executive Committee

Nikhil

Oh how I wish I was able to come. To all the gujarati's on that staff: KEM CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sriharifez

"BUT somebody stole our camera immediately after the show."

...wtf seriously? if that person is on BTF, ban them please

Jeeti

This is a very classic example of the forum being put to good use...transparency in competitions of all mistakes, problems, etc... is crucial to their success and is INVALUABLE for us as dancers to evaluate a competition looking to apply in the future.

Good job bayside.

Gurbir23

ENVY BANG-RUH said:
2nyce said:
Avneeto said:
Jagga Jatt Jessie said:
Abhi said:
Replace Grey Goose with with Crown

thats my feedback....ohhh worrrrrddd!
na chill.... replace it with BLACK

I vote for Crown!
I vote for beer.

I need to stop being so whitewashed.
I agree with beers. Dos Equis anyone?
go to cancoun, at riu cancoun resorts, every room has a fridge full of dos equis at all times! and if you're at the pool and too drunk to get up and go to the bar....there are people walking around to further intoxicate you...now back on topic...

Saab

Today is a gift
We were treated to an amazing time vince. You guys did an incredible job of running the competition and making sure that the teams had the most fun!

Pros-
1. Things mostly on time(except tech time!)
2. Our liaisons were with us all the time and helpful
3. Great goody bags
4. Great cooperation with hotel
5. Good protection of team interests

Cons-
1. Liaisons should be there at check in
2. Incidents- though taken care off
3. Organization of food downstairs(rather than to rooms)

I think these cons are mostly nit-picky. This was a great time again!

Thanks for having us.

Kush

Gnna throw an extra 2 cents on my opinion of the comp. I was there representing Gator bhangra, but i was still with 95% of guardians who were in attendance. Until 1 hour before the show, one of the people with us did not have a ticket to the show, due to our own stupidity. I bought one last minute... vince was still on the phone with me multiple times WITHIN 2 HOURS of doors opening.... for ONE PERSONS TICKET CONFIRMATION!

If that isn't going above and beyond for your competition, for your teams, and for your friends, i'm not sure what is.

Never did get that bottle though vince. Rectify please! :)

SahilShah

15 years old | Tampa, FL
bayside improved this year, congrats to the committee!
the mixer was a lot of fun, the hotel was within 2 minutes of a walk from the actual theater, and everything ran really smoothly. i think i can say that all the teams definitely felt like they were warmly welcomed :)
can't wait for next year!

EDIT: the only con i found
- the guy who took the pictures for the show missed a lot of teams... idk if he was the photographer, but last year each team had a lot of pictures taken during their performance, while this year only a few teams got covered. no biggie, just a small thing that i'm sure all the teams would have liked

Kush

SahilShah said:
bayside improved this year, congrats to the committee!
the mixer was a lot of fun, the hotel was within 2 minutes of a walk from the actual theater, and everything ran really smoothly. i think i can say that all the teams definitely felt like they were warmly welcomed :)
can't wait for next year!

One of the guys who came with gator took a ton of pictures... he just hasnt uploaded them yet.

EDIT: the only con i found
- the guy who took the pictures for the show missed a lot of teams... idk if he was the photographer, but last year each team had a lot of pictures taken during their performance, while this year only a few teams got covered. no biggie, just a small thing that i'm sure all the teams would have liked