• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BC Cultural @ AVAP 08

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
viddo, you only need to paste the youtube link, not the entire embed code. BTF will take care of the embed code for you.

Don

I've seen this video many times before but i never get tired of watching it. I think they really have a unique style and creative choreo which sets them apart from other teams.

also does anyone know the jhummar song they use, seems like a khalistan song? (4:22)

HarmanSingh

Jaideep said:
I've seen this video many times before but i never get tired of watching it. I think they really have a unique style and creative choreo which sets them apart from other teams.

also does anyone know the jhummar song they use, seems like a khalistan song? (4:22)
Tigerstyle- Punjab

But I am shocked they danced to that. That is def. not a song to be dancing to, it is about the massacre of Sikhs after '84. I believe Tigerstyle even issued a release urging people to not play these songs at parties or dance to them, because it is terribly insensitive to the people who suffered through these atrocities.

zagreus

HarmanSingh said:
Jaideep said:

Tigerstyle- Punjab

But I am shocked they danced to that. That is def. not a song to be dancing to, it is about the massacre of Sikhs after '84. I believe Tigerstyle even issued a release urging people to not play these songs at parties or dance to them, because it is terribly insensitive to the people who suffered through these atrocities.
I actually remember that exact warning as well. The first time I saw BC, i noticed there was something about it that bothered me. Now that you mention the name, i remember the album very well. Tigerstyle and Immortal Productions are against people dancing to the song as you've stated.

I don't think teams should be dancing to songs that are about Khalistan, or to put any religious theme to their performances.

zagreus

And to credit the team, it's a good performance...but it sucks that music was confusing for the team because the volume was so low at the start...then it got better.

Vic

That song should not be danced to at all.

Even though the music was low they did well. Actually all the teams did well with such a hard obstacle at hand.

Mukandpuria

yea thats the reason why I asked what song that was becuase I was shocked when i herd it

def not a song to be dancing to, nice song, but not something to dance to

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
that song was inappropriate to dance to and its wayyyyyyy too slow to be used for jhummar. It looked awkward.

Velli

I am the Law
i thought it was horrible. if you know how big the stage is gonna be then why not adjust your formations accordingly and not hit each other with khunde and such on stage (im talking to you too sgpdl). also the live seemed rushed and was ackward. the music was good, liked the shike segment and how you got off stage.

HATEDhow a semi-religious song was used as a jhummer.

p.s. can anyone say grace?

zagreus

Bhangraholic said:
i thought it was horrible. if you know how big the stage is gonna be then why not adjust your formations accordingly and not hit each other with khunde and such on stage (im talking to you too sgpdl). also the live seemed rushed and was ackward. the music was good, liked the shike segment and how you got off stage.

Grace. There, I said it. But back to the point, the song itself is not quite religious (as a shabad would be), but in it's own right, it's political and in homage of those who died (and there was a reminder about that in the intro track of the album)

Manjot

Bhangraholic said:

Teams saw the stage in the morning at rehearsals which is like 5-6 hours before the competition...its really hard to adjust everythin last minute when you have start getting ready as well to perform...we had to adjust a bit but its still limited and had some problems as well

Vic

Bhangraholic said:

Bhangraholic if you read the name of the topic, you'll notice this thread has nothing to do with SGPD. Thanks

Mukandpuria

Bhangraholic,
I am say it again...SGPD so far that I saw did a really good job keeping their formations clean with the space provided....I haven't seen all the team's videos but SGPD propz in adjusting to the stage with one run through.

Karan V

About the Khalistan song, we were unaware of the songs meaning. We found out about the songs meaning after. This was also talked about on POL, and BC Cultural had already apoligized for it.

Don

Bhangraholic said:

it is not a religous song, like Jasmeet said it's in homage to those who died.
also, SGPD's performance was clean, no one hit each other with khunde

Cherag

Meistro said:
that song was inappropriate to dance to and its wayyyyyyy too slow to be used for jhummar. It looked awkward.
I agree, the song was probably choosen because not one team had done it b4, but the fact of what the song meant was probably forgotten........