• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Blowout Placings

rajkaran

Hi all,

Congrats to ALL the teams! Everyone brought their A-Game fa'sho!

PLEASE do not post our video. We will do it ourselves :) Rather, please PM it over if you have a copy. Thanks!

After-partayyyyyyy time!
Columbia Bhangra

kashkoor15

Everyone brought it last night! Amazing energy and choreo!

LOVED UNC & Wolverine! You guys did it big last night!

Congrats to all the teams that placed! Good show! :)

sapg21

hardeep_singh said:
Gurbir23 said:
VCU has been dethroned!
lol im thinking the judging was more biased towards traditionalism, i think that's also why they don't compete at BBC anymore because the comp favors modernization a lot more.
i can't speak for anyone else's set, but I have seen vcu's at bayside and i have seen drexel's. if your argument is that drexel was more modern than vcu then you should probably go back to the drawing board on that bad boy because thats not true.

and no one has any illusions about what blowout is and what they want. vcu won the last 3 years in a row remember?

kashkoor15

Out of curiosity is Blowout considered a more traditional comp or modern comp?
I have never really been able to tell.

hardeep_singh

Sapan said:
hardeep_singh said:
Gurbir23 said:
VCU has been dethroned!
lol im thinking the judging was more biased towards traditionalism, i think that's also why they don't compete at BBC anymore because the comp favors modernization a lot more.
i can't speak for anyone else's set, but I have seen vcu's at bayside and i have seen drexel's. if your argument is that drexel was more modern than vcu then you should probably go back to the drawing board on that bad boy because thats not true.

and no one has any illusions about what blowout is and what they want. vcu won the last 3 years in a row remember?
lol sorry dude i havent seen the vids i guess i just took someones fb post out of context. also not well aware of the history of the comp, thanks for the info tho. lol ill be sure to look stuff up before opening my mouth.

indiaman5

the "vcu" age is done. from burgh to elite to bayside, their routines just haven't been anywhere close to years past. let parity reign, its exciting to see teams like wolverine and unc and dub bring it like they did last night.