• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Idols, "Best of the Best" Placings

Nks

Posted by: Ak_Di_Nishani « on: Today at 12:15:54 AM » PFA you guys are nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I cant wait to see you guys after you get some competitions under your belt, the potential is insane!

thank you:)

Saab

Today is a gift
Kush said:
Saab said:
Stop, drop it, and roll. It happened, its been brought, people have been warned.

Btw harman, its now the WWF and not the WWE

:p
maybe its a joke i'm missing but it is infact now the WWE and not the WWF my friend :)
The joke is I havent slept. Thanks bro.

j_gill

HarmanSingh said:
The thought of grown men acting like they are still 6th graders watching the WWF on TV is hilarious. Suck it? Really? Did you follow that up with some sweet chin music to the jaw of a judge?
hahahhahahahahahah sweet chin music wow, maybe the razor's edge through the judging table?

Badwal

SunnyS said:
KillaPunjabi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
Congrats to all the teams, the creativity and entertainment factor brought to this competition was like no other!

This is my 2nd time watching NJ live and I loved theirs and SGPDs sets, both teams are definitely a treat to watch. BCCs creativity, on par formations and high level of stamina showed a huge improvement since the last time I saw them perform. As for ABC in my opinion their set was perfectly executed and deserved 1st.

Just because the team you support didn't place where you think they should have isn't necessarily reflection on a judging panel's abilities?

Also teams, show some sportsmanship and have some class and congratulate the teams that did place, no need to make rude gestures to the audience when your team didn't "threepeat". Just saying, parents and impressionable youngsters come watch and leave with a horrible impression of the bhangra community when $hit like that happens. Keep it classy and if you aren't sure how, take a cue from the people around you.
i actually did congratulate the teams that did win:). but i am sorry for my gestures:).
So

Who was that intended for?

Why would you even do that?

You are part of SGPD, right? A prominent top tier team and you made that gesture towards whom, the 1500 people who paid $40 a head to watch you, and cheered for you because you didn't have your own spirit squad? What about the entire online audience, was it for them? Or was it for the grandparents of competing teams who were having difficulty going up and down stairs at the venue? Was it for them?

We all know you made the "suck it" motion, did you finger everyone too? Does your captain know about this? Does he/she care?

I've never seen such a blatant display of disrespect at a competition. I sincerely hope this isn't what SGPD endorses and hope that people watching you don't take that as a representation of the bhangra community at large.
i dont need to further explain myself to you. My captain has nothing to do with it, these were my actions not his. If someone apologizes to you, take it for what it is. I've already talked to the organizers about the issue , so i dont feel the need to explain myself to you.
LOL I think she's trying to say that you shouldn't be doing that to begin with considering how long SGPD has been around and it is not sportsman-like or expected especially considering being a team of your caliber. Nobody can win every competition, you win and lose, thats the game of life. :)
nobody can win every competition which is true, but than again emotions do run pretty high whether it be bhangra, sports or any competitive game. so i guess i let my emotions get the best of me haha and Bharathi, you seen me at the after party but had nothing to say. if you had such an issue with it you should've talked to me about it there:) but i guess now you have BTF to turn to when you have nothing better to do with your time. Sorry once again , and i would like to clarify AGAIN..that these were my actions..not the actions of my CAPTAIN.
LOL I swear everytime I read her post she has a problem with something

Have you ever tried to smoke weed before? It'll help

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Wait i thought the whole "suck it" gimmick was part of the championship belt/all i do is win thing! Boy was i wrong...haha dude in the video goin maddddd hard...

Bharathi

Badwal said:
SunnyS said:
KillaPunjabi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
Congrats to all the teams, the creativity and entertainment factor brought to this competition was like no other!

This is my 2nd time watching NJ live and I loved theirs and SGPDs sets, both teams are definitely a treat to watch. BCCs creativity, on par formations and high level of stamina showed a huge improvement since the last time I saw them perform. As for ABC in my opinion their set was perfectly executed and deserved 1st.

Just because the team you support didn't place where you think they should have isn't necessarily reflection on a judging panel's abilities?

Also teams, show some sportsmanship and have some class and congratulate the teams that did place, no need to make rude gestures to the audience when your team didn't "threepeat". Just saying, parents and impressionable youngsters come watch and leave with a horrible impression of the bhangra community when $hit like that happens. Keep it classy and if you aren't sure how, take a cue from the people around you.
i actually did congratulate the teams that did win:). but i am sorry for my gestures:).
So

You are part of SGPD, right? A prominent top tier team and you made that gesture towards whom, the 1500 people who paid $40 a head to watch you, and cheered for you because you didn't have your own spirit squad? What about the entire online audience, was it for them? Or was it for the grandparents of competing teams who were having difficulty going up and down stairs at the venue? Was it for them?

We all know you made the "suck it" motion, did you finger everyone too? Does your captain know about this? Does he/she care?

I've never seen such a blatant display of disrespect at a competition. I sincerely hope this isn't what SGPD endorses and hope that people watching you don't take that as a representation of the bhangra community at large.
i dont need to further explain myself to you. My captain has nothing to do with it, these were my actions not his. If someone apologizes to you, take it for what it is. I've already talked to the organizers about the issue , so i dont feel the need to explain myself to you.
LOL I think she's trying to say that you shouldn't be doing that to begin with considering how long SGPD has been around and it is not sportsman-like or expected especially considering being a team of your caliber. Nobody can win every competition, you win and lose, thats the game of life. :)
nobody can win every competition which is true, but than again emotions do run pretty high whether it be bhangra, sports or any competitive game. so i guess i let my emotions get the best of me haha and Bharathi, you seen me at the after party but had nothing to say. if you had such an issue with it you should've talked to me about it there:) but i guess now you have BTF to turn to when you have nothing better to do with your time. Sorry once again , and i would like to clarify AGAIN..that these were my actions..not the actions of my CAPTAIN.

Thanks for the suggestion Badwal. I have problems with things because I care about the future of the bhangra community, and our youth, and want the best. If you think I always have a problem with something then clearly you have not, in fact, read all my posts.

And Sunny I'm so sorry, I couldn't tell that it was you on stage because I was sitting way at the back. I only realized it was you when you replied to my comment on here. And it's not about having anything better to do with my time. It's being cognizant of the fact that your team has leaped milestones in the development of modern bhangra and lots of junior teams look up to you (you may not even be aware of this, but they do). I'd hate for a bad example to be set. There's a lot of good things we can do as a group. I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings.

SunnyS

Bharathi said:
Badwal said:
SunnyS said:
KillaPunjabi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:

So

Thanks for the suggestion Badwal. I have problems with things because I care about the future of the bhangra community, and our youth, and want the best. If you think I always have a problem with something then clearly you have not, in fact, read all my posts.

And Sunny I'm so sorry, I couldn't tell that it was you on stage because I was sitting way at the back. I only realized it was you when you replied to my comment on here. And it's not about having anything better to do with my time. It's being cognizant of the fact that your team has leaped milestones in the development of modern bhangra and lots of junior teams look up to you (you may not even be aware of this, but they do). I'd hate for a bad example to be set. There's a lot of good things we can do as a group. I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings.
lol i can sense the sarcasm:)..im done responding back..and i think im actually more sorry i responded back to this. just know that your not the bhangra police. just cause i made the "suck it" gesture, i dont think bhangra went down the drain. RELAX..:)bye

Kush

Badwal said:
SunnyS said:
KillaPunjabi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:

So

badwal, you're my boy, but when the fuck have you ever had a constructive post on btf? stay out and leave it to people with something intelligent to say. She's making an important and valid point, and important/valid are not your cup of tea. Moving on...

Bharathi makes an excellent point, but in my opinion it extends beyond this particular instance. There's no point in telling Sunny anything else, he's not a child. If he gets it, he gets it. We're not his mother.

Here's the poitn. People, get classy. Win and lose with grace. Represent your team, culture, passion and ideals with your best foot forward. We have junior teams cussing out judges, we have people getting into fights at comps because they won when the local fans thought they shouldnt... seriously? How small is the little thing you're compensating for with all this bravado and bullshit. Competition does always play a role... but we do not glorify the shit talkers. We glorify the players who wins and loses with grace and poise. You can be intense and upset and still not lash out at judges, fans, or the competing teams.

It's just about acting your age. and having some respect and dignity. But lets move forward, i dont think theres a single person on the circuit who couldnt benefit from a little humility. I seriously feel like i'm talking to a bunch of elementry school kids.

word. congrats to the placing teams, ya'll all ripped it.

hardeep_singh

can we all just agree that doing the "suck it" looks really stupid and homo no matter what the situation, i know we've all done it at some point and thought it was cool...but it's not, it has to be one the most stupid lookin gestures ever, if some one did that gesture at me i'd crack up laughin at how retarded they look. i just feel bad for the dude on blast for doin it, not only does he look goofy he's gettin shit for makin himself look goofy.

SpliffStar101

Kush said:
Badwal said:
SunnyS said:
KillaPunjabi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:
SunnyS said:
Bharathi said:

So

badwal, you're my boy, but when the fuck have you ever had a constructive post on btf? stay out and leave it to people with something intelligent to say. She's making an important and valid point, and important/valid are not your cup of tea. Moving on....
His personal text says everything.. Cybertron don?

ashleyherar

soniadewett said:
There is absolutely NO WAY this competition is rigged. To tell you the truth while watching the competition BC cultural and ABC definitely stood out. WHY, because they were different from everyone else. By having a bazillion gimmicks in a routine – takes away from the form of dance. Yes SGPD and NJ are always creative, they’re the ‘top dogs’ but it wasn’t their greatest. ABC stuck to executing moves properly, having folk elements, and their own style. They didn’t have many gimmicks which I think is a PRO on their behalf.

ABC- 1st place was deserved with yalls hard work and devotion. Glad to see past gimmicks being recycled into cleaner and better gimmicks. It was interesting to see the manja turn into a house. ;) I have mad respect for ABC, you’re trying to make a name for yourselves and are succeeding at it. A prop to all of you, ABC definitely is a elite worthy team!

SGPD and NJ- When you think two Canadian teams like SGPD and NJ, teams are often intimidated and viewers look forward to what new these teams have to bring. Watching their performances last night just looked awkward. Everyone is catching up to their style which makes their performances look bland. I just wasn’t feeling their performances; like this is all SGPD and NJ could do? Has it really gotten to the point where your performances just looks like gimmick express? Has it really gotten to the point to where performances by them don’t look original anymore? However, I will say SGPD I loved the whole jail house theme, mad creative.

PCBCA- I’m quite disappointed that ya’ll didn’t do your greatest last night. Better luck next time boys :(

BC Cultural- Dancers have so much potential! Overall I was pleased with your performance; execution and energy were on point.

Shan-E- Enjoyed watching the performance, I thought the stair gimmick looked mad cute with a girl standing on top. The group of dancers had excellent energy and grace, definitely a team to look out for. This was one of my favorite performances of the night. Props to whoever is coaching this group.

In my opinion, PCBCA should have placed they came out strong and hard ! However, better luck next time boys :)

kingra97

bcc was for sure the underdogs of the night those gius were sick hope to see them in elite and pfa was to a another level compared to idols and for sgpd and nj good job u guys were sick like allways and keep on doing what u guys do best and that is win

Badwal

Well sorry I dont debate about algorithms and how they can be applied to judging criteria :S

Who gives a fuck LOL

You and I both know, I dont care about much

But yes, anyones free to look at my posting history and see if I have or havent said anything "constructive"

And yes, Im THE MOTHER FUCKING CYBERTRON DON

desi99

Aruan S.
Badwal said:
Well sorry I dont debate about algorithms and how they can be applied to judging criteria :S

Who gives a fuck LOL

But yes, anyones free to look at my posting history and see if I have or havent said anything "constructive"

BRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

SpliffStar101

desi99 said:
Badwal said:

Who gives a fuck LOL

BRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

LOL kids these days...