• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra mishaps/recovery

smehta313

Active Member
Messages
382
sdadoo15 said:
smehta313 said:
2nd part: at the end of kabza with the daang segment right before jhoomer from 1:57 -2:05, I'm pretty sure everyone is supposed to put their khunde down at the same time, yet it ends up being a ripple effect. Looks sick haha, but I don't think it was the expected result.
im pretty sure that it was supposed to look like a ripple effect. it looked way too clean to be an accident.

Nope, it's not supposed to be a ripple effect, everyone was supposed to be down at the same time.
 

Saab

Today is a gift
Messages
991
smehta313 said:
2 of the best mishaps/recoveries/looks sick anyways of all time in the same set


VCU Elite 8 2010: in the beginning with the "Get yo' damn hands up" all the dancers are supposed to put their hands up, but the front yellow johri does not.


2nd part: at the end of kabza with the daang segment right before jhoomer from 1:57 -2:05, I'm pretty sure everyone is supposed to put their khunde down at the same time, yet it ends up being a ripple effect. Looks sick haha, but I don't think it was the expected result.

sartajjudge said:
At Elite 8 2010 one of the VCU dancers went out instead of in during Kabza II, but he did recover nicely right after when finishing the choreo to Kabza II. And... they did win Elite 8 that year! :D
^ That part is at 1:40 - 1:43 hahaha
VCU Bhangra @ Elite 8 Bhangra Invitational 2010

The first part of your statement, I believe, is incorrect. Although I have no concrete evidence to the contrary(other than hearsay), I don't envision the first part of a teams dance being messed up, especially in conjunction with the lyrics clearly being heard. It look's better this way than it would have if he didn't stick the arms up.
 

Shahrukh

Active Member
Messages
505
Saab said:
smehta313 said:
2 of the best mishaps/recoveries/looks sick anyways of all time in the same set


VCU Elite 8 2010: in the beginning with the "Get yo' damn hands up" all the dancers are supposed to put their hands up, but the front yellow johri does not.


2nd part: at the end of kabza with the daang segment right before jhoomer from 1:57 -2:05, I'm pretty sure everyone is supposed to put their khunde down at the same time, yet it ends up being a ripple effect. Looks sick haha, but I don't think it was the expected result.

sartajjudge said:
At Elite 8 2010 one of the VCU dancers went out instead of in during Kabza II, but he did recover nicely right after when finishing the choreo to Kabza II. And... they did win Elite 8 that year! :D
^ That part is at 1:40 - 1:43 hahaha
VCU Bhangra @ Elite 8 Bhangra Invitational 2010

The first part of your statement, I believe, is incorrect. Although I have no concrete evidence to the contrary(other than hearsay), I don't envision the first part of a teams dance being messed up, especially in conjunction with the lyrics clearly being heard. It look's better this way than it would have if he didn't stick the arms up.
saab, sahil is correct bro.

sheel must of been high on life, he didnt even know he messed up until we showed him the video.


sdaddoo, sahil is also correct about this one


they defntly messed up, it accidentally looked clean.
 

campy614

New Member
Messages
666
Shahrukh said:
they defntly messed up, it accidentally looked clean.
If only all messups wound up looking clean...

Also, same video 1:40-1:43 (this might have been mentioned already). Good recovery.
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
Danny said:
S/O to Mouse...slipped off, and then climbed up 4 dudes in 9 seconds


7:01 - end
APD @ SoCal Bhangra 2009 - 1st place

Also, I remember a teams performance from a while back (WashU maybe?) where a guy dislocated his shoulder, walked off stage, popped that bad boy back in, and then came back to finish off strong. Props to him and to whoever can find that video
Yooo yeah haha I definitely remember this. It was WVU from west Virginia. So boss.
 

bobbysekhon

New Member
Messages
19
dholiman20 said:
A.JAGGI said:
not sure if this is a repost but this girl handled her saap pretty well 1:56 - 1:58
Pehchaan Apni Nachdi Jandi (PANJ) @ Jashan 2010 HD
If she kept it a little bit longer, the next move she was heading towards the side of the stage... she could have tossed it right before the jumps
But other than that... good stuff. That was a strong throw from the middle of the stage.

she might have thought about that, but i think she decided to throw it from the center for a reason. she knew she was covered by the pink in front so it all eyes were on the pink. when she moved out to the side she was one of the 4 dancers at the front of the stage, so to throw it then would be way too noticeable. i would have probably done the same
 

Shawn Johal

Must I go on?
Messages
215
sorry for grave digging but here's one from SGPD:


Sgpd at bhangra idols 2011


Starting at 2:42, Rajbir (the one in red on the right) has his khunde the wrong way and he makes a pretty slick recovery once noticing. One of my personal favorite recoveries.
 
Top