• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Outfits for a Team of 16... HELP!!(:

xxHannah16xx

New Member
Messages
3
Hey guys,


I'm Hannah,yeah I'm Punjabi, and I have a bhangra team of 16. We have a show coming up rather quickly and we really need to find outfits. The ones I have already looked at are either in really bad conditions or only have 12. I realize being a team of 16 makes it harder to find outfits but I don't wanna let my team down. We'll be needing the outfits for like a week for our dress rehearsals and the 2 nights of the show so we're hoping to get them for like $10 per outfit as rentals. If you know anyone who could possibly help me and my team, that would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank-you!! :)


~Hannah♥
 

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Messages
1,685
Where are you located? Based on that, people can refer you to local bhangra teams.
 

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Messages
1,459
Hello Hannah,

I'm Basim, yeah I'm 1/2 Punjabi - if that matters to you.


First off, welcome to the forums. You didn't mention if your bhangra team of 16 is co-ed, all-female, or all-male (maybe you're just the captain?).

Regardless, here are some local teams in the Chicago area that might be able to offer you vardi rentals:

UIC Bhangra: www.facebook.com/pages/UIC-Bhangra/155308037863098
IIT's Tech de Fateh: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tech-de-Fateh/163003383756581
University of Chicago's Balle Bhangra: https://studentactivities.uchicago.edu/php/public/detail.php?org=286
Hareepa! Chicago: http://www.facebook.com/HareepaChicago

Not sure if you've already tried contacting teams in your area, but that would be your best outlet, especially considering you need the outfits "rather quickly."

Hope this helps somewhat,

~ Basim :)
 

jfried

Member
Messages
502
Hmm, UW and I might be able to help. We have two sets of 12, which we could combine into 4 and 4 guys and girls of each. Would that maybe help?

If you're interested, PM me as soon as possible to discuss details.

The two sets are white kurte, red paghs/chunnis, red chadre/pants and then a set with guys with black kurte, black chadre, red vest, red pagh and girls with red kurti, red pants, red chunni and black vests.
 

rajkaran

Member
Messages
720
Columbia Bhangra has (i think) a set of 16. 8x8 Green/Pink/Black

email bhangra@columbia.edu
 

Ajay.H

New Member
Messages
142
if you haven't already contacted them, northwesternbhangra@gmail.com

they only have a set of 12, but they have may be able to still help if you need it.
 

jfried

Member
Messages
502
UChicago might actually be your best bet. They're getting new vardiyaan and their old set has 30. Yes, 30. 8 guys and 22 girls, if I remember correctly, so you should be okay. Message asingh720, he's one of their captains.
 
Top