• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Bhangra Outfits

bhangraavenue

What is the use of doing Bhangra when you don't have the proper dress code for it...If you're looking to stand out in the crowd then you have come to the right place. We take pride in providing top notch Bhangra outfits and accessories made by the best craftsmen in Punjab. We provide customized designs and color combinations in the outfits, with unbeatable quality.

asingh720

I'm sorry to interject your advertisement, but my team made the mistake of ordering khunday from your site, and when they arrived they were in terrible condition. The black paint was chipped, the bronze foil over each khunda was coming apart, and the grip was becoming incredibly uncomfortable for my dancers, who now had to worry about splinters and getting cut by the broken foil and the loose nails. Not to mention there was a terrible inconsistency across the khunday (ie length, diameter, weight).

We've been trying to contact you via phone and email to return the khunday with no response from anyone on your side. If you want to take yourself as a business seriously, then be accountable. Hopefully you'll pm me and we'll be able to take care of this issue.

jfried

Made the same mistake with katos. Tails and mouths fall off, screws get lost, the stick gets separated from the top, etc etc etc. This hasn't been a good experience for us.

Seriously, though, is there any reliable vendor out there? Haven't had good experiences with anyone we've worked with.

lalfuture

Romesh Dresses is a place that can get you quality instruments other than suits. If he cant hook you up with those, which is unlikely, he can refer you to other vendors in India or in the states that can help, but India is your best bet if you want quality instruments. My recommendation, if you want to stay within the states, is just ask teams on the circuit if you can rent them, its cheaper and theyll usually be down to hook it up for you.

Another site that sells instruments is muteyaar.com, attached the link here: http://shopping.muteyaar.org/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=267

hope that helps.

Kartik

It's hard to find pure professionalism with this stuff. For outfits, Harkiran is top of the line and gets the best work done. We had an issue with a designa and she's working it out for us. Shikke we got from her were top notch and have been working well for over a year.

metalgearpaneer

We got some solid outfits from HK @ shopbhangra. Shikke were amazing too, they lasted us well over a year through rigorous use. She'll definitely work with you to get exactly what you want and her input is invaluable considering her many years of experience in the circuit. Definitely my number 1 suggestion out of the outfit/prop vendors that we've dealt with.

hsdeol

i have purchased both props and vardiyaan from bhangra ave, and I wouldn't recommend going through them for anything. props all broke within a few practices, and the vardiyaan were made with cheap fabric and shoddy craft. HK is definitely a more reliable vendor that maintains her reputation from the quality of the products she sells. I have not personally worked with her because i now choose to contact everyone in India directly, but if you are not able to do that I would highly recommend going thru HK

jfried

I've worked with HK in the past and have spoken with a couple of other teams about their experiences. The feedback I've gotten has been decidedly mixed.

On the upside, the product is undeniably good. Both sets of vardiyaan that I've gotten from her have been very high quality. One had a ton of elaborate mirror work that still stuns on stage, and the other set is impeccable as well. That's what makes it so difficult: the product is consistently very high-quality.

The downside for me is that it seems like you need to move heaven and earth to get your shit in any sort of reasonable timeline if you're not a name-brand team. I don't know what the experiences of teams like UNC or FCB were, but both of the two teams that ordered uniforms from her had to harangue the heck out of her and her tailor to get the vardiyaan on time. Doesn't matter if you order five, six or even seven months in advance, apparently. I've even heard of teams not getting their vardiyaan for extremely bizarre reasons, like having them sent to the wrong team. I understand the difficulty of running a business that spans two continents, and that problems do occur, but that's no excuse for giving people the run around about what's actually going on with their vardiyaan. It's a big ticket purchase, especially for a lot of smaller college teams, so it sucks to be anxious over whether or not you're going to get to have vardiyaan for your biggest performance (and it sucks even more if you have to run all of your dress rehearsals without vardiyaan since they're not here yet).

In short, the quality's there, but the process leaves a lot to be desired. Seems like Romesh might be a solution, but honestly, it seems like the market's ripe for someone who can put out high-quality vardiyaan and props with a minimum of ancillary bullshit.

HK: I encourage you to reach out to me, either on the forum or on facebook, because I think there are a couple of easy ways you could alleviate a lot of the issues I mentioned above. The products SB makes are very nice, but I think you can improve the process a bit, and I'd like to help.

Kaur

Thanks for the feedback:) its happened to my own teams as well having outfits delivered the day before sometimes. I also go through Romesh, sometimes teams just find it easier then dealing with him on their own. I also have heard that we get a better price then going to him directly.

But yes cutting down the turn around time is something we are trying our best to work on. We are 76 teams in for vardiyan ,over 600 shikke and 100 khunde have been sent out. Turn around time has been the biggest setback, hopefully we can improve that ASAP.

Gopi D

HK definitely makes great fits. We've gotten shikke from her in the past as well and they're always the finest .. Handling romesh directly gets tough and we usually get stuck getting fits and props hella late :-\