• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

***BIG APPLE BHANGRA III, 2012 LINE UP***

Kaur

I liked that it was posted in punjabi. It got the wtf/laughing reaction from me. It was funny, I think you guys should do it every year or actually pick a different language every year that would be fun to translate. I should be able to make out Farsi(Persian) by next year so try that ahahh. :)

Jabar Jung

Sue Sylvester said:
My thoughts on the line-up are below:
It's in Braille. You should be able to feel it out on the screen.
Hahaha not unless you're blind, in that case you shouldn't even be on btf lol

Good luck to all the teams!!

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
I'm all for competitions doing something unique and different. And I liked that it was posted in Punjabi. But even if you don't like it, the common language across the North American bhangra community is English. So I would think a competition would be courteous enough to post it in Punjabi and English. Saying that 'oh someone else will post it' is trying to shrug off the responsibility of communicating with the teams attending your competition and all the fans on BTF who want to learn.

PS - Sue I had a small smudge on my screen so I thought your Braille post was a single dot in the middle haha.

disharma1317

disharmz
hahaha i thought the way the lineup was posted was hilarious. i knew someone was going to translate it eventually, and i wouldn't say that i was offended at all. Kinnell, your post had me dying laughing

But yayyy!! so excited for this! Awesome lineup, and looking forward to seeing all the teams there!

Best of luck to Furteelay and Gajjdi <333

campy614

When I first read the lineup, I'm like "these mother f*kers would lol!" I actually found it funny.

See everyone in a month :)

Ashveer

Sue Sylvester said:
My thoughts on the line-up are below:

It's in Braille. You should be able to feel it out on the screen.
Ah, BAB committee has no vision. I see what you did there.

Prubh

Im more of a "read and view" type person on btf..and I've realized moderators do nothing but complain..like ALL THE TIME!! bout absolutely the dumbest of things..

mithu

pCBcA and NJ......enough said.

Prubh said:
Im more of a "read and view" type person on btf..and I've realized moderators do nothing but complain..like ALL THE TIME!! bout absolutely the dumbest of things..

0.o......what?

baljot

Saleem said:
Everyone has just commented on the lineup, but I'm actually curious as to what message BAB is trying to send knowingly publishing the lineup in a language many on BTF cannot read. +10 points if you explain without using the words "heritage" or "traditional".
Why is it that BTF has to find the inner deep meaning of everything on a simple post.