• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

bring back comp reviews

LiL JaTT

I remember couple years ago there would be massive threads after a comp weekend talking about what the comp did right, wrong, etc. No idea why these stopped but lets start them up again. Not only does it help the comp for the next year, but also gives pointers to other comp committees on what performers want.

Especially after Vice City Bhangra a couple weeks ago, theres definitely a lot of things we shouldn't let comps slide with (crazy delays in tech time, lack of a proper venue, poorly run mixer, etc.)

Raghavtrip

^Same, I think people stopped writing them b/c they're worried they'll either get blacklisted from that comp or other comps will see it and worry that they'll get some negative feedback from teams who regularly write comp reviews. I don't think this is really a problem in practice, but one way to avoid this issue might be to post comp reviews at the end of the season. It would lead to a delay in comps getting better for that season, but it's definitely better than not posting reviews at all.