• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

British Columbia Highschool Bhangra Competition 2010!

Which highschool will win BCHBC 2010

• Ècole Panorama Ridge

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • John Oliver

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Kwantlen Park

• LA Matheson

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Matthew McNair

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • North Delta

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Princess Margaret

• Queen Elizabeth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R.C. Palmer

• Sir Winston Churchill

• Sullivan Heights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tamanawis

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BCHBC

BCHBC 2010

Attention BC High School Bhangra Teams!
Exciting New! BCHBC Society is proud to announce that the 2010 BC Highschool Bhangra Competition will be the most exciting competition yet! This year, get ready for a spectacular event that will blow you away!

This year's competition will be held on Sunday, April 25th, 2010 at the Bell Performing Arts Centre in Surrey, BC.

REGISTER YOUR HIGH SCHOOL BHANGRA TEAM ON-LINE NOW!

at​

www.bchbc.com​

School Team Registrations Open Now!!!​
(Deadline to register is coming up)

The British Columbia High School Bhangra Competition is the only official Bhangra competition exclusively for high school students in grades 8 through 12. Competing youth must currently be enrolled and registered as a student in the Province of British Columbia Secondary School System. In addition, participating individual teams must be entirely formed of students from the high school they are representing. Each school is allowed to enter only one team in the provincial competition.

We are currently working very hard behind the scenes to update our website, so make sure you keep checking our website as more information will be posted soon! For now, start practicing and getting your Bhangra spirit ready!

We will be making a special announcement very soon about a top-notch headline act that will be performing at this year’s BCHBC event. This will be the first time this talented singing group will perform in BC!

We are looking forward to seeing your high school teams talents on stage!

Register early to avoid disappointment!

BCHBC Committee
www.bchbc.com
info@bchbc.com

gori

BC HIGHSCHOOL BHANGRA COMPETITION 2010 LINEUP:

1. Delta Secondary – Ladner, BC
2. John Oliver Secondary – Vancouver, BC
3. Kwantlen Park Secondary – Surrey, BC
4. LA Matheson Secondary – Surrey, BC
5. Matthew McNair Secondary - Richmond, BC
6. Sir Winston Churchill Secondary – Vancouver, BC
7. Panorama Ridge Secondary - Surrey, BC
8. Princess Margaret Secondary - Surrey, BC
9. Queen Elizabeth Secondary - Surrey, BC
10. North Delta Secondary - North Delta, BC
11. Sullivan Heights Secondary - Surrey, BC
12. Tamanawis Secondary - Surrey, BC

Good luck to all of the team who have been selected to compete!

For more information please visit our website: bchbc.com or feel free to email us at info@bchbc.com

Jdosanjh

[AVA Girls]
HAHA.. !!! JOKES
yeh i was like NO one from last yrs dancing =|
why are they even competing ?
w.e .. im cheering for K.p .. GermAn..Gagan..Ericka..ManRoob <3

Jungly_Jatt

Straight The Folk Up
Lally said:
i have a feelin that QE might take this!
If what my ears tell me is true ....... Matheson is going to have some competition for sure

QE is bringing it hard :)

gori

RJOHAL said:
Hey Gori ;)

wanna let me know whose coaching each team or anyone else kno?
At the movement this information is confidential; each team has not given us the rights to publish this information, so we will respect that. As it stands the only way you will find out who is coaching which team is though the grape vine or the teams releasing that information themselves. If anything changes I will make sure to notify you as soon as I know. Sorry RJOHAL

Bharathi

GavinJ. said:
pumped butt ..rattling that theres no khalsa school.
A lot of times parents of children who are in religiously inclined schools such as Khalsa school or DPS in Abbotsford are not supportive of bhangra programs in their schools and also since they are private schools, all extra curricular things have to be board approved. Usually board members are considerate of parents' feelings, usually why there aren't any teams from the private Sikh schools. It is unfortunate, I agree =(

BCHBC

Hello Everyone

Wanna be part of something super fun & exciting? BCHBC is now accepting on-linevolunteer applications from dedicated, reliable and hardworking highschool, college,and university students until Friday, March 26 2010. Go to http://www.bchbc.com 's Volunteer Tab, it only takesa couple of minutes to apply, so do it today!

By volunteering, you have an excellent opportunity to receive scholarships and awards!And remember high-school students, by volunteering you can earn valuablevolunteer experience hours that will go towards you grad transition. So become avolunteer and make a difference in your community … you will be doing something positive for the localschool youth. For questions, please direct them to ronny@bchbc.com

BCHBC Volunteer Services

JT

gluck to all the team... should be interesting, as this year will be a lot different from last year.... a lot of people graded, different teams same schools, different coaches, meaning different styles... can't wait, I'll be sitting in the crowd with my Husky shirt on... ND !!!

gori

JT said:
a lot of people graded, different teams same schools, different coaches, meaning different styles... can't wait, I'll be sitting in the crowd with my Husky shirt on... ND !!!
+1

It should definitely be a good show this year, you can all count on it. And a lot of new faces will be introduced to the bhangra scene, which will be really nice to see. Thank you for your support!