• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BTF Ladder - 15. sK vs. 12. SSK Productions

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
No poll. You must post in the thread to vote. The votes of users with less than 15 *counted* posts will not go towards the total. Files are attached for those that wish to download the mixes.
DJ 1: [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/sk-vs-ssk-dj-1[/soundcloud]
DJ 2: [soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/bhangra-teams-forum/sk-vs-ssk-dj-2[/soundcloud]

The original is Uss Kudi Naal Nachna - Durga Rangila. it is attached.

-----------
Results (only members with at least 10 votes counted)
DJ 1- 11
DJ 2- 24 (no votes thrown out)

After a strong first page, DJ 1 fell victim to a ridiculous landslide on page 2 giving DJ 2 aka DJ sK the win! Congrats on a successful challenge!

Attachments

mrgrewal780

I think there should be a poll. Barely anyone is gonna vote cause it's so tedious of actually posting on a thread ahah & for voting, i vote DJ 2.

Vijay

mrgrewal780 said:
I think there should be a poll. Barely anyone is gonna vote cause it's so tedious of actually posting on a thread
agreed, but i guess that allows for spam voters.
dj1

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
exactly. spamming is a problem, especially in close challenges. if no one votes, then so be it. how hard is it to enter 4 characters and hit post?

mrgrewal780

Yeah I agree with you. But obviously people think otherwise, there's like 5 votes per challenge compared to like 26 votes in the challenge which had the poll. I get your point, but there has to be a more efficient way

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
mrgrewal780 said:
Yeah I agree with you. But obviously people think otherwise, there's like 5 votes per challenge compared to like 26 votes in the challenge which had the poll. I get your point, but there has to be a more efficient way

BTF has a LOT of lurkers that never post. the vast majority of them are also under the required post limit for voting. that's why there's less. if we manage to think of a better way, we'll implement it.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
mrgrewal780 said:
I think there should be a poll. Barely anyone is gonna vote cause it's so tedious of actually posting on a thread ahah & for voting, i vote DJ 2.

Probably going to be less votes this way, but I feel more genuine votes will be cast overall. If there was a simple poll - the individual DJ's could just blast a link to this thread on their facebook fan page, twitter page, etc and just say "vote for DJ 1 in this poll - show some love!" Not saying that people would do that, but it could easily happen without anyone really knowing.

It would be ideal to have the ability to poll BTF registered members with at least 15 posts, but since we don't have a way to do that, this will eliminate the "spam votes."

Plus, the point of this should be to encourage people to provide some feedback (which seems to be lacking these days on BTF).

My vote: DJ 1

Good stuff by both DJ's, but I felt DJ 1's brought a bigger twist to the original song and wasn't as "static" sounding as DJ 2's mix.

~ Basim :)

DamanSingh

I vote for DJ 2.

Also, a big shout out to Swi, Vox, Party Jatt and Navi for doing a great job organizing the ladder!

Panj_Dariaah

Dj 2

Both mixes were great but DJ 2 was a bit more creative and as Basim said, added more of a twist to the original song.

Status
Not open for further replies.