• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

BTF Mixing Challenge - Season 2 theme ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Ok so here's the deal. We're doing monthly open challenges, where all you have to do is submit something before the deadline. No individual challenges, no complications, no overhead.
  • We announce a theme
  • 2 weeks to submit
  • 2 weeks of voting
  • Easy.
If you're swamped a week or two just don't submit. If you have some time send something in. Note: after the first challenge, we'll announce the next theme during the voting, so DJs will actually have 3-4 weeks to mix! We're looking for quality here not quantity. Try to make it good enough to keep on an ipod.

We need some good themes for this to work, so let's start generating some good ideas. It can be a theme, a song, a concept, whatever. We want a diverse sampling.

rajiv0224

• Nicki Minaj remix of new song "Anaconda"
  • Calvin Harris remix of new song "Blame"
  • Bastille remix of song "Pompeii"
  • Remix of ESPN SportsCenter highlight theme song(s)

N_otori0us_

Old Kuldeep Manak songs, the really old ones that only had a little music in the background . I think they might be called Kaliyan.

mirzaahh

Too hot to fit in White Skin,So God made me Brown
I always wanted to do a performance in which I only used those songs whose artists are no longer alive; kind of like a tribute. I think if you use that as a theme it would be good. There are tonz of them, you name it - Manak, Chamkila, Bhainianwala, Soni Pabla, Kulwinder Dhillon, Bindrakhiya etc.

nkrishnan

Some ideas, trying to keep it open ended to make it easier to find multiple songs:
Give two really different bhangra songs and make it a test to see who can do transitions best
Dahler Mehndi off
Wedding songs
Have to use at least one instrumental dr. dre produced (or anything like this, one jay-z instrumental)
Best Jugni (or any segment)

mohamusic

Music Producer from Calgary, Alberta
This sounds like a sweet idea, it's all new to me though, but I'd love to take part in a mixing challange! Especially if its mixing old Manak, Chamkila etc.

shwinerz

How about maybe certain limitations like no sub bass/trap concept or something?

Or you could attach some weird random ass sample, and make them put it in a mix and see who can make it work somehow and be creative with it. Bit more challenging and would be fun.

Soca songs?!

Female singers? Singers from a certain country? Songs with a certain word used?

Status
Not open for further replies.