**BTF Mixing Ladder- Summer 2013 Signup Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunpreet

Bhangra's Most Wanted (BMW)
O kidda mitroo, I've been super busy lately and been away from mixing.

Im down ;D

Sunpreet Singh
BMWSunpreet

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Sunpreet said:

Im down ;D

Sunpreet Singh
BMWSunpreet
YAY! Are you back in amreeka or still looking for a wife?

ALSO: everyone still thinking about it, sign up soon! We will be locking it down in a few days to begin the process of setting up the ladder so we can start June 12!

(you can still join afterwards of course, but you'll have to Drake it)

Sunpreet

Bhangra's Most Wanted (BMW)
Swi said:
Sunpreet said:

Im down ;D

Sunpreet Singh
BMWSunpreet
YAY! Are you back in amreeka or still looking for a wife?

ALSO: everyone still thinking about it, sign up soon! We will be locking it down in a few days to begin the process of setting up the ladder so we can start June 12!

(you can still join afterwards of course, but you'll have to Drake it)

Looking for a wife?? Haha na, never was. I've been coaching basketball :)

Kush

sartajjudge said:
Kush said:
some ideas you may consider implementing:

Have a panel of judges to decide best mixes. otherwise its just a popularity contest.

For the first round, make it completely open. Say you get 30 people, only take the top 15-20, then start your match ups. otherwise you're goign to have WAY too many people, way too many matchups, and its could get sloppy.

Just my two cents. Hoping this goes well and pushes people to be CREATIVE

Last time they did it, to prevent a popularity contest, whoever was in charge had head-to-head challenges where the two people weren't allowed to use any DJ tag, like "2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Nyce". That way it was kept anonymous to the voters- people on BTF.

sK's gonna be kickin ass.
i remember that, but still its not hard to say oh hey my mix is number one. vote for me. and as lame as it seems i wouldnt put it past people

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Kush said:
sartajjudge said:
Kush said:

Have a panel of judges to decide best mixes. otherwise its just a popularity contest.

For the first round, make it completely open. Say you get 30 people, only take the top 15-20, then start your match ups. otherwise you're goign to have WAY too many people, way too many matchups, and its could get sloppy.

Last time they did it, to prevent a popularity contest, whoever was in charge had head-to-head challenges where the two people weren't allowed to use any DJ tag, like "2 2 2 2 2 2 2 Nyce". That way it was kept anonymous to the voters- people on BTF.

i remember that, but still its not hard to say oh hey my mix is number one. vote for me. and as lame as it seems i wouldnt put it past people
? The files weren't labeled so people wouldn't know which is which. If they're telling people offline, that's another beast entirely. It seemed to work ok last time, on some level it IS a populist competition. Maybe we could set up a judging panel to give reviews and let people vote (I.e. American idol style)

sartajjudge

Swi said:
Kush said:
sartajjudge said:
Kush said:

? The files weren't labeled so people wouldn't know which is which. If they're telling people offline, that's another beast entirely. It seemed to work ok last time, on some level it IS a populist competition. Maybe we could set up a judging panel to give reviews and let people vote (I.e. American idol style)

One idea to prevent mixers from saying on BTF is "my mix is labeled "A"" or w/e is having that kind of behavior grounds for an instant loss of the matchup.

But ya, telling people offline is another beast entirely, and I'm not sure how that can be prevented. Hopefully that won't play too much of a role.

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
sartajjudge said:
One idea to prevent mixers from saying on BTF is "my mix is labeled "A"" or w/e is having that kind of behavior grounds for an instant loss of the matchup.

But ya, telling people offline is another beast entirely, and I'm not sure how that can be prevented. Hopefully that won't play too much of a role.
Having a minimum amount of posts should solve that problem right? I mean you could obviously see that somebody is spamming to get their posts up to vote and weed them out.

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
Mans said:
Having a minimum amount of posts should solve that problem right? I mean you could obviously see that somebody is spamming to get their posts up to vote and weed them out.
+1

This should be a requirement - it would awful to have people coming from outside of the BTF, registering on the website, just to vote. Making a 10 post minimum or something should alleviate most of that nonsense.

We never really dealt too much with that in the last mixer's ladder (before it died), but it should help safe guard things as we progress with the friendly competition.

~ Basim :)

P.S. - If you're reading this and you don't have 10 posts by now... get your mind straight, think outside the box for a change, and contribute to this awesome community right away!

Status
Not open for further replies.