• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Capital Bhangra 2014: The Documentary

Prabhzy

Capital Bhangra is not just a competition, but an experience to remember. A great deal of energy and passion goes into the whole weekend and long before that too. This fly-on-the-wall documentary shows what it took to put on such an event by both participating teams as well as the committee

Capital Bhangra 2014: The Documentary

Sid

Thanks Prabhzy for posting this. I really enjoyed the video.

It makes me so happy to see a documentary of the competition, not only because it allows the participants to reflect on and relive the memories, but because it allows non-participants (everyone else) an opportunity to vicariously experience the comp. This is really helpful because we can see how it was run, different approaches to organization etc. Would be great for competition organizers, new and experienced, to watch and learn from.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how quiet and attentive all the dancers were when a committee member was speaking or explaining something. In several competitions, I've honestly never seen that hahaha. Also all the dharis were on point.

I noticed that there was a pretty high quality food selection. This in itself isn't a big deal but it made me curious about what sort of sponsorships and/or fundraising y'all had? Since the UK scene is still in a rapidly expanding state, I don't know whether to be surprised at the quality and organization or pleased with the extra effort made to attract teams and grow the circuit. Probably both. Haha.

Very well made documentary, and it seems like a really well run competition. Really made me happy to listen to how much passion people have for bhangra and how much the competition brings people together and makes competitive bhangra an important aspect of their lives.

Jusi.Sahota

Been anticipating this documentary for a while and was glad to see it come out quite nicely. Fantastic experience!

Prabhzy

It was one of the best organised competitions. Because of the fewer amount of teams, the experience is more personal and close knit. Well done to the organisers again.

GSingh

Someone's a big tru skool fan haha.

Enjoyed watching this. Hope more and more comps do this.

Best of luck next year!

Prabhzy

hardeep_singh said:
i gotta hit up an englandi comp one of these days, seems a lot more chill than amreekan comps :eek:

Yup thats deffo true. There is no hostility between teams. You can even borrow some of their props and they are cool with it.

kman58

GSingh said:
Someone's a big tru skool fan haha.

Berik was their DJ haha whadya expect :p real talk though love his stuff man make's sick mixes the JVD mixes from the past 2 years are some of my all time favs

Great documentary Sid summed all my feelings up pretty well it looked like everybody was having a great time which is what counts, can't wait to see what you guys put together next year!