• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Changes to BTF, Post Counts and Membergroups

Should users have Post-based Membergroups on BTF? (e.g., Hero, Senior, Full, Junior, etc)


  • Total voters
    66
  • Poll closed .

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Hans said:
Navkarn,

That's a pretty condescending post. It is possible that many of us who voted to eliminate in this thread actually are familiar with forum culture. It has nothing to do with being "intimidated" by titles and everything to do with promoting intelligent and relevant discussion. Again, no one is against starting useless threads as long as they are in the proper place, and don't result in constant trolling all over the boards. I just don't think they need to be rewarded with higher post counts and titles because it disorganizes and clutters the site with too much spam. A line needs to be drawn somewhere.
Dude, you're CHOOOKED! I agree with Navkarn 100%. He didn't say anything condescending at all. Seriously, we all come to this forum at the end of our work or school day to chill out and relax. To educate ourselves on not only Bhangra and culture, but history, current issues in the world. Now thats all fine and dandy, but its still nice to have a good laugh once in a while. Bhangra lays out the foundation for this forum, and it is supposed to be fun and engaging. Now, I know I had that posting spree that ONE DAY and I know it might have yielded this current state of "oh so serious dilemma about labels" that we are in, but Bhangra season has already begun. Get rid of this ridiculous poll and thread, and lets see what happens. I feel like you guys are jumping the gun a bit too soon. Like poojils said, this all happened during the OFF SEASON. Chillax and just enjoy yourselves. BHANGRA FUN HUNDHA YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
I think the basis of the initial argument has changed...this isn't about forum culture, or useless topics, or titles...it was just difficult to navigate the site with all these random useless posts...making it difficult for new comers to join the forum/understand the forum...if people want to eliminate titles...whats the big deal? just eliminate them...why does anyone really care...if "forum culture" considers titles irrelevant and all information despite who it comes from should be considered equally valuable..then what is the real point of titles?

this has gotten outta hand...lets just minimize the useless posts.
 

Rohit

New Member
Messages
163
Meistro said:
Pooja said:
Why is everyone so serious?....

The reason there was so much fluff is because BTF was just at a lull point...there were no competitions to discuss until now...people had the summer off...they were bored.

Juuuuust relax kids. Competitions are starting...there will be more intelligent, beneficial discussions in the near future...
I agree. Seriously.
+1 there will always be annoying or "stupid" topics and wasn't the whole reason BTF was made was to attract a more sensible and mature bhangra crowd so share their opinions and views with everyone else. Shouldn't we assume people aren't going haywire with posts just to become an "elite member". If you turn this forum into such a serious website then a lot of ppl are gonna lose interest I mean talking abt the issues of the world are important but we need to add a bit of sugar in the forum's no?? not sure if i made any sense lack of sleep!!
 

ranjit singh

New Member
Messages
308
whoever posts just for the sake of increasing their post count or to "improve" their title needs to get a life
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
Saleem,

I think just simply bringing the topic up seemed to have done the trick, no need to discuss it further...

you can already tell the useless topics and posts have decreased dramatically, which was the whole point of this discussion to start with...

leave as is...forgetttaboutit.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
Jeeti
Uffo... Get people to change their votes! Right now it's a clear majority for getting rid of them, it's hard to stop the momentum once we have a vote going. Get it to be a tie and I will leave the group names :)
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Saleem said:
Jeeti
Uffo... Get people to change their votes! Right now it's a clear majority for getting rid of them, it's hard to stop the momentum once we have a vote going. Get it to be a tie and I will leave the group names :)
Majority rules? Or you can say that if at least 25% of Board Members try to veto a new change, the change doesn't take place.

Regardless, I thought removing post counts from off-topic was a good idea, so my vote stays.....
 

- Raja -

New Member
Messages
686
How about we hold this decision until the week of idols? since there are 2 comps that day there will be alot to discuss and everyone will start giving there respected opinions about the performances, judges, etc. just an idea.
 

Ashqe

Member
Messages
610
I think it's just better to get rid of them. I voted that way but anyway, regardless of the fact that it was summer and there weren't any competitions to talk about, that whole user title thing still made people post random shit to try and get their post count and people even said that they did want to try and get their post count up just for the sake of that user title. So, regardless of competitions happening or not, I think it's just better not to have them.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
Just a reminder that this poll closes tonight! Currently it stands at 61% in favor of abolishing the membergroups. Get it closer to 50/50 and we can bury the hatchet and leave the status quo, if you so wish
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
come on ppl! 11 more votes to keep the status' and we break even! Saleem, you created this monster! Now you can't take it away from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I agree with jeeti, I think it was all just a phase that we wanted to increase our posts. Its over now. I personally don't even care anymore for posts. It was simply a phase. I just wanna keep the status' just to shut everyone up thats taking this forum WAYYYYY too seriously and getting chooked over nothing.
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
Meistro said:
come on ppl! 11 more votes to keep the status' and we break even! Saleem, you created this monster! Now you can't take it away from us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I agree with jeeti, I think it was all just a phase that we wanted to increase our posts. Its over now. I personally don't even care anymore for posts. It was simply a phase. I just wanna keep the status' just to shut everyone up thats taking this forum WAYYYYY too seriously and getting chooked over nothing.
+10

Its just a rank people lol...I barely post now and agree with Jeeti and Meistro..it was just a phase. Also, people need to lighten up about everything..
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
See Conclusions from the discussion at http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/index.php?topic=1581.0
 

Mukandpuria

New Member
Messages
1,413
Meistro said:
this is all my fault. im a terrible person
its all your fault you going to get a spanking when you come to Boston.


I can see why this was put into effect...I just think by doing this you are giving "raising you post" a lot more attention and might actually actually create a atmosphere where people will start to post to get their count up in the main forum...it could backfire
 
Top