• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

chimte

Divya

New Member
Messages
15
where can i buy chimtes??

also which ones are easier/better to use on stage- the smaller or the bigger ones?
 

Gurvir

Member
Messages
704
Divya said:
also which ones are easier/better to use on stage- the smaller or the bigger ones?
I dont know where to get them but for sizes, the big ones are louder but the smaller ones are easier to maneuver
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
you can order it here
https://www.dholetc.com/results.php?search=chimta
 

Ashveer

New Member
Messages
492
I think by now I've played chimta at more competitions than I've actually danced at, and I prefer to use a larger chimta since I'm never trying to do a 'chimta swing' or anything other fancy moves...they're louder and better to dance with than the smaller ones. It also depends on what kind of chimta player you have too...whether they knows the moves/songs or they're just around during the performance. You probably wouldn't want a rookie with a large chimta who doesn't know what (s)he's doing. But, as always remember, its only chimta... ;)
 

jvirk

New Member
Messages
889
get them from dholetc or u can chack punjabemall.com

i like the smaller ones...just my opinion



-justin singh virk
ecu muqabla
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
Smaller ones good for handling. Big ones good for sound 8)
I personally prefer small ones as they sick 8)
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Ashveer said:
I think by now I've played chimta at more competitions than I've actually danced at, and I prefer to use a larger chimta since I'm never trying to do a 'chimta swing' or anything other fancy moves...they're louder and better to dance with than the smaller ones. It also depends on what kind of chimta player you have too...whether they knows the moves/songs or they're just around during the performance. You probably wouldn't want a rookie with a large chimta who doesn't know what (s)he's doing. But, as always remember, its only chimta... ;)
How hard is it to play chimta? Always been curious... I mean, if Sulman Mirza can do it...... ;)
 

pritpal94

Active Member
Messages
1,312
kinnell said:
Ashveer said:
I think by now I've played chimta at more competitions than I've actually danced at, and I prefer to use a larger chimta since I'm never trying to do a 'chimta swing' or anything other fancy moves...they're louder and better to dance with than the smaller ones. It also depends on what kind of chimta player you have too...whether they knows the moves/songs or they're just around during the performance. You probably wouldn't want a rookie with a large chimta who doesn't know what (s)he's doing. But, as always remember, its only chimta... ;)
How hard is it to play chimta? Always been curious... I mean, if Sulman Mirza can do it...... ;)
It isn't hard Kinnell :D
 
Top