• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

CMU Bhangra at Bhangra Blowout XX (2nd Place) and Srujan

Sachin

BTF,

CMU Bhangra had an awesome time this weekend at Blowout and at Srujan. We have had a very rewarding and exciting season this year and would like to thank all of our alumni and friends for supporting us. Special shout outs to former captains Swi, Amar, and Akshay for coming out to many of our competitions and tying paags. Again- shout outs to our liaisons- Parth you killed it. Thanks to UVA for letting us borrow saaps and Pritpal for tying a beautiful paag on our dholi. Thanks to Steel City for letting us borrow their vaardi for Srujan.

Earlier in the season: Thank you to Sid Pandit for playing dhol for us at Bell. Thanks to Steel City Bhangra and our brothers on FCB for supporting us as well. (Retro thanks to Jaggi for tying the dirtiest paag my team has ever had at Boston last semester). If I missed anyone- my bad, but thanks to all.

Also HUGE SHOUT OUT to the other half of my team that went to Srujan, They absolutely destroyed it. It's the first year for almost all of the dancers and these kids have put in so many hours, its easily more than a part time job. (4hrs/day for 2 weeks at the end).

Congrats to UVA and Hurricane for great performances at Blowout. Congrats to VCU and UMD for a great job at Srujan as well.

2nd Place Blowout Video:

CMU Bhangra - 2nd Place, Bhangra Blowout 20

Dancers-
Pink: Vishalsai, Mitra, Vineeta, Sachin
Blue: Shawn, Shaina, Vijay, Shalini
Purple: Sid, Sangita, Ankur, Shahana
Dholi: Sean
Chimta: Veda

Srujan:

2013 Srujan - CMU Bhangra Dance Team

Dancers-
Pink/Green: Kedar, Sowmya, Shubit, Trisha
Blue/Yellow: Dan, Poorvi, Swathi, Akshay
Orange/Blue: Vivek, Anwesha, Abhishek, Shivam
Chimta: Divya

shreeps

Also, HUGE shout-out to Arjun, Ravi, Vinay, Gurdev, Simran, Vishal, and everyone else from UMD, VCU, and Rutgers for getting all our paags tied.

Our liaisons, Sujay, Ravi, and Sheetal, were awesome, and Srujan committee was great about keeping captains in the loop about where we had to be and when, even with delays.

Congratulations to VCU and UMD; you guys killed it.

Overall, a great weekend for CMU Bhangra.

Armaan Kapoor

Wow, its pretty impressive how many freshmen dancers you have already dancing at a pretty high level. Big ups to all your captains on developing your dancers. I can already imagine what these guys are going to look like next year and beyond.

sheep2

shreeps said:
Also, HUGE shout-out to Arjun, Ravi, Vinay, Gurdev, Simran, Vishal, and everyone else from UMD, VCU, and Rutgers for getting all our paags tied.
Can't agree more! Thank you guys for being patient with us first-time paag wearers!

puttsardar98

sheep2 said:
shreeps said:
Can't agree more! Thank you guys for being patient with us first-time paag wearers!
I'm just glad no pughs fell off and it all worked out well! Great meeting you guys, and good luck! I'm sure we'll see you guys soon :)

Saab

Today is a gift
Great job guys. I think you know what I have to say about the set, but you guys and gals have done an awesome job. Great job sachin and vinny, and everyone else on this team. Excellent work.

roohinor

Dancing isn't about winning, It's about having fun
Yayyy CMU! Congrats again guys!!! Solid performance as usual, special shoutout to Sach and Vinee, you guys really did work this year bringing the team to a whole different level. Loved seeing you guys this weekend =)