• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

desi dhamaka results

First of all i would like to give a special thanks to Anil, Poonam and Rinku for holding such a wonderful competition. You guys were amazing and held it through for all the teams that performed. One of the best and most respectful organizations i have ever seen. Great job on looking after each and every team. To get respect is to give respect !

Second, i would like to give a big shout out too all the teams that performed, you all did great and it was fun hang out with you guys.

Congrats to all the teams that placed !! you guys were amazing

Third, this was the only competition that let us meet with the judges before and after the competition. They gave us full evaluations on our performances and fully explained how they got the placings. They were str8 forward and didnt bs there way through. You guys were great.

Over all the Competition was amazing and it was one hell of a weekend. Cant wait for DD 2 !!

NEW YORK NEW YORK NEW YORK ;)

jvirk

congrats to all the teams
especially ncsu, cmu, and virsa!

congrats to nishant and vinay for a very well deserved placing after alotttt of hard work and committment - great job fellas

-judging: i thought the judging was pretty fair, minus the fact that i thought gmu shud of placed for sure (just my opinion)..but i did like the way we got to meet the judges before the competitoin and also afterwards for feedback...these judges wen it came to feedback did not beat around the bush...they were honest in all their opinions which actually helped me learn quite a bit abt our team and our routine and wut we need to fix to be successful...very good on desi dhamakas part to organize that!

- anil, poonam, and desi dhamaka organizers - AWESOME JOB!!! after all that happened w/ the registration process..u guys put on a hellll of a show...and i really hope that more teams apply next year for an even bigger and better competitoin!

- one thing that really pissed me off was the sound of the speakers at the compteition...the crowd could hear it clearly...but our team most definitely couldnt which caused us to FUCK UP BIG TIME in our supps segment which was at the beginning ( wut a way to start off)...and i wasnt the only one complainign about this, i believe sunny from virsa told me they had the sameee problem and were quite upset about that as well! that wasnt the organizers fault..the sound guy was a fuckin asshole

shoutout to aeg - u guys are my boysssss
and also GMU!!! - loved chillin w/ this team and hopefully i get to see you guys soonn!!! pamela, jasmeet, and avi are too cool! haha

sobtv wasnt too active lol...but those girls were mad cool :)
interviewed me only when i was getting ready for the after party lollll

-justin singh virk
ecu muqabla captain

zagreus

jvirk said:
and also GMU!!! - loved chillin w/ this team and hopefully i get to see you guys soonn!!! pamela, jasmeet, and avi are too cool! haha

-justin singh virk
ecu muqabla captain
love you too man. but now pam is gonna rub it in my face that you put her name before mine. that aint cool. she's a big loser ;)
tying your paggan was quite a treat actually. your guys were hilarious. i'll post on about what i thought about the competition later. just gotta point out that the organizers killed it. anil made sure it was about the TEAMS first (loved it)

Nandini

congratulations to all the placing teams :)

and to my boys on virsa for winning with talent AND class

gdholi7

nb0913 said:
yeahhh ecu!!

from what i heard AEG was disqualified before the competition even started. i dont think they even performed so they obviously didnt place.

congrats to the other teams as well!! cant wait to see some videos
i heard they broke a few rules few hours before the show started so idk if its true or not but anyways congrats to the teams cant wait to see videos

Julio

can we get one member from aeg...and tell us what really went down becasue if they did compete they prolly would of placed...lol

onkiisingh

AeG going not leaving like this don't worry, desi dhamaka was no competition with out us nikkas, don't know this wasz our show put them,, yea we were going to kill the show like always its just something stupid happen and we were out, Masti bhangra had there show organized way better than es dhaka shout out to shaan-e-punjab
wack competition!!!!!!!!

blasianjh

Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week...
onkiisingh said:
AeG going not leaving like this don't worry, desi dhamaka was no competition with out us nikkas, don't know this wasz our show put them,, yea we were going to kill the show like always its just something stupid happen and we were out, Masti bhangra had there show organized way better than es dhaka shout out to shaan-e-punjab
wack competition!!!!!!!!
honestly i couldn't understand half the stuff you said, but you can't say the comp wasn't organized as good or that it was wack because of the mishap that happened there. In either case i agree that if AEG did perform they would have killed it either way.

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Julio said:
can we get one member from aeg...and tell us what really went down becasue if they did compete they prolly would of placed...lol
onkiisingh said:
wack competition!!!!!!!!
Can we get one member from AEG to post that we can actually understand?

Theress nothin to post....we realized this weekend that its just U and UR team.....no1 else gives a shit about wha happens to U unless it effects them.....no matter who u know...wha friends u have on other teamss......we made a mistake but didn't deserve wha we got

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Gurbir Singh Aulakh said:
Theress nothin to post....we realized this weekend that its just U and UR team.....no1 else gives a shit about wha happens to U unless it effects them.....no matter who u know...wha friends u have on other teamss......we made a mistake but didn't deserve wha we got
wack competition!!!!!!!!
umm yeah, I still don't understand anything that these AEG guys are trying to say. They must have messed up BIG TIME if they're dancing around the question like this and not making any sense. haha

sulmoney

smd, bitch
what happened is between aeg and the organizers. leave it at that. anyone not at the show is not owed any explanation just because you are a member of btf. if the parties involved want to volunteer information, that is their prerogative, if not, so be it.

congrats to all placing teams, and to the dhamaka committee who, from what i have heard, put on quite a show and took care of the teams properly.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
what happened is between aeg and the organizers. leave it at that. anyone not at the show is not owed any explanation just because you are a member of btf. if the parties involved want to volunteer information, that is their prerogative, if not, so be it.
exactly.

KushK

kinnell said:
Julio said:
onkiisingh said:
wack competition!!!!!!!!
Can we get one member from AEG to post that we can actually understand?
Lol that was just onki being onki, ahahah

Shoutout to Desi Dhamaka committee!! Very well organized comp! Also mad respect to all four judges, Atinder, Ben, Pashi and Vijay, for taking out so much time after the comp to talk to all the teams! They spent 10-15 minutes with each team giving them feedback on their performances and told them how they were judged, where they lost points, how teams can improve, etc. Im sure everything the judges told each team was very helpfull to them. Overall it was a great comp!

Desi Dhamaka

Desi Dhamaka, Bhangra Allstars, Fusion Faceoff...
Hey if anyone has any pics from the show...please let me know. I would love to see them.

psoni1

Binghamton Bhangra would like to congratulate all the teams!! We loved meeting everyone and had a great time! Anil, Poonam, and Rinku were so sweet and did a great job organizing the show despite whatever mishaps happened... Thanks for actually caring about the teams and making sure that we had a good time. I loved that we got to meet with the judges before and after the show...they took so much time to talk to us and answer any questions that we had...Only things that pissed me off were the performance lighting and that there was only one elevator in the venue and we had to wait 20 min for it to come each time lol...other than that, really well organized

lavesh

anil can i please get my money back now? lol the comp is freakin over and i still havent got all of my reg check back

punjabireans

Just wanted to congratulate the DD committee on putting together such a great show. Everything was very well organized and we really had a fantastic time. All the teams we met this weekend were absolutely phenomenal and everyone did a great job!!