In response to Kinnells post. As for biased, I dont believe at all there has been. The way we choose for the show was according to our vision. Setting a stage for new comers, experienced, and professionals to meet on one stage. Giving a chance for teams that would not necessarirly get into other competitions and giving them a chance to be apart of this competition. There are so many great competitions that take the best of the best. We want to offer a stage for them and also further the skills of other existing teams.
And as we gain experience we hope to be one day get to a professional level. I want to be able to provide as many benefits for the teams. And that is some of our goals. We look forward to in the coming years be able to take care of all performing teams cost or a percentage, such as hotel, travel, costume, etc. So I hope this gives a better understanding of who we are. Our rejections are not at all rejections. So please dont take them that way. This is a learning experience for all of us.
Some great and unbelievable teams did not make it into the competition. Does that mean they are not worthy??? Not at all. VCU was a team that applied. However we felt with the amount of teams we picked we wanted a good spread amongst the different categories I have documented above. I would love to have VCU at our competition. And hopefully we will have the honor of having them perform in the coming years. I hope I have answered your question.
Anil