• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

★★★★★ FAUJ @ Big 10 Bhangra Competition 2017 ★★★★★

Cherag

We want to thank everyone who organized the competition. We had an amazing time. Special shout out to our liaisons Waris Shah Khanna & Japji Kaur Bindra for helping out the entire weekend to make our lives easy!

Big shoutout to Riya Gupta & Abhishek Goel for going above and beyond in catering for all teams at the competition and congratulations to all the placing teams!

Last edited:

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
So refreshing. Love seeing FAUJ back on a stage, especially with those vardiyan that definitely match up to the FAUJ-i style. . Great performance.

Continue to do it big boys,

~ Basim :)

vaibhav

Cherag & FAUJ - Awesome Performance! Thank you for bringing such a creative, unorthodox routine to Big10. Heck, every aspect of this performance, whether that be the vardiyaan, choreography, formations, mix, or the fact that you all went 8 was a risk & pushed the boundaries of bhangra. Huge respect for that!

Granted this probably was not FAUJ's most energetic performance, but it didn't matter much to me. It seemed as if everyone was having tons of fun and buying into the routine, and that's what made watching this set enjoyable. Hope you all make more appearances in the circuit soon!

scaplash

Husky Bhangra (retired); KWG; GR
Nice to have you guys back and competing! This set really impresses upon me the fact that so many sets have "filler moves"- those four counts/8 counts of "traditional moves" (crossovers, swings, etc)-and this set has nearly none of that. Almost every 8 count was choreo that I haven't really ever seen and that's really impressive. Each move seemed to be a variation on a variation.
Agree with Vaibhav on energy or "explosiveness", yall put on a clinic with regards to synchronization/formation work.
Keep competing!

R_Sharma

That phumannia segment was straight fireee; for real, don't know how you guys come up with such creative stuff. It was so refreshing watching this set live, you guys have your own flair that was unlike anything else performed at Big 10 (or many sets this year for that matter). Everyone looked like they were having so much fun on stage...cant wait to see more from y'all

hsdeol

saaps- loved the behind the back pass
khunde was really nice- im always down with a mix that brings in kelly rowland
jhummer- intro and choreo was slickkkkkk
Jugni- the kneel down was nice :)
Dhamaal- i really like the hesitations on the dhamaal @6:40

always down with the undertaker!

was this a resurgence of FAUJ? no. absolutely not. BUT it was a great set with a lot of creativity and fine execution. Congrats to you guys for coming back after the break and having an excellent performance.

hsdeol

Where did your shoulders go on prophec jhomer? some of your custom made actions didn't hit as hard or weren't executed for the audience or judges at some parts. Every time you see pylons on stage, your automatically admitting to everyone, that your formations are going to messy, they just creates an ugly mess on stage. Since its only 8 man, those pylons are just unnecessary.
What's with ankle braces? a lot of teams uses them on competition day. If your getting injured or soar in your ankles, fix you diet or do some proper stretching.
I can understand after hard practices for recovery but at competitions if you still using and ankle brace then, clearly your not doing something right .
Bhangra actions heal people like yoga stretches not injure them. Points should automatically be deducted for wearing those. I know this is all technical crap so don't be offended.
Other than that, I reallyyy liked the choreo a lottttt and set creativity was through the roof, your transitions and formations kept me watching till the end
great balance between folk and creative action, maybe adding 4 more guys and better execution and stamina that FAUJ usually shows, could've won the show. Mix was firee tooo.

LOLLL WHAAAA??? diet doesnt fix joints. bhangra isnt yoga. yoga takes time for benefits to be noticed. BOY JU CRAJII

Nimit

People are gonna be stealing choreo and formation ideas from this performance for the next 4 years. As usual, you guys put on a show that was kind of ahead of its time. These variations were nuts and that transition into the prophe-c jhummar seg was so nasty. I wish you guys came with 12, but the fact you came up with formations like these with 8 people blew me away. Great job and wish you guys all the best for the future

Cherag

Respects to everyone for the kind words! The post has been updated with the intro video :)