• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra At The Bell 2014 (GTVHD)

Gabroo Tv

Member
Messages
662
Ladies and gents, the wait is over! The much anticipated video of First Class Bhangra's First place performance @ Bhangra At The Bell 2014 awaits you below!


First Class Bhangra @ Bhangra At The Bell 2014


Dancers:
Red: Ram Mahalingam, Sujay Turakhia
Blue: Pankaj Aggarwal, Sid Pandit
Black: Sahil Dadoo, Akash Bansal
Yellow: Ravi Mehta, Aniket Patel
Green: Milan Patel, Azie Dhingra
Purple: Rohan Bansal, Jigar Saraiya


Band:
Dhol: Dholi Ram
Chimta: Veem Tambi
Sher: Pankaj Aggarawl


Songs:
Hells Bells - ACDC 0:00 - 0:34
Sher Soorma - Gupsy Aujla ft Dev Dhillon 1:01 - 1:49
Killer Looks - DJ Phoenix 1:55 - 2:23
Top of the World - Nirmal Sidhu 2:23 - 3:06
Sarkara - Sukhi Sivia 3:20 - 4:14
Taal se Taal (Western) - Alka Yagnik and Sukhwinder Singh 4:21 -5:02
Aamb da Boota - Kuldip Manak, Saini Surinder 5:03 - 5:39
Shera Di Kaum - Manak E 5:40 - 6:09
Satisfya - Imran Khan 6:10 - 7:08
Superstar - Raj Bains & PBN 6:10 - 7:37
Tharthi Hildi - Amam Hayer 7:38 - 7:59
 

mrchicity

Active Member
Messages
329
Things I liked: Having six towers before lehriyan was cool, a lot of teams shy away from stunts nowadays so it's impressive that you took a risk with this. I also thought that the choreo from phumaniya to jugni was very nice.


But energy and form are seriously lacking in this performance, and I'm kinda left wondering what kind of scores you guys got from the judges on this. A lot of people on the team just do not pick up their legs or kick back for anything. There are some dancers who do, especially when they're in front, but I saw the black jodi pick up their knees to maybe 30-40 degrees for most of the set when they should be hitting 90 degrees at all times. It's a lot easier to make your upper body look energetic when you're spending less energy on picking your knees up. Idk, I was taught to try to pick up knees to your waistline and I've always appreciated dancers who could do that for a whole performance. I know how difficult it actually is to do this, with JJ we dance mostly with leg ups instead of step downs and it's a pain in the ass. Maybe with your old flower chadre this wasn't as evident, but with the new ones it's very apparent.


Hope I'm not being too harsh, and I'm happy to see you guys do well in recent comps. Congrats on 1st place!
 

shahrj

Member
Messages
63
Creativity with both choreo and formations has always been FCB's strong point, and it's awesome to see that you guys have cleaned up across the board --- that was really the only aspect that was missing in the past, so no surprise that you guys are doing so well now. I see what Karthik's saying above with energy at some parts but honestly I think it comes down to your team, your dancers, and what you think is the most strategic way to execute your set as a unit. There might have been a sacrifice in energy, but you guys looked uniform and no one really stood out, and I think not going overboard with energy during some segments made other segments hit harder. There's always room for improvement with form and standardization, but you guys are clearly heading in the right direction so keep doing what you're doing. Congrats on the win streak, Ram and Sid good to see you guys continue to kill it!
 

Jahordon

Active Member
Messages
37
We performed with you guys last year at a small competition in Cleveland. You guys took second, but you deserved to win. I'm glad you guys are winning now! You're a great team, and we really appreciated all the tips you gave us.

Congratulations! You guys rock!

~Jordan from Wisconsin's School of Bhangra
 

nkrishnan

Member
Messages
146
Seeing this live was crazy, I've always been a huge fan of first class and this set was killer (my favorite one so far). Choreo was on point, everyone was swagging the fuck out, and the gimmicks hit. I wasn't surprised at all that this got first, and hope to see great things from you guys in the future. The black jodi is so incredibly talented for being so young.

Also pleeeeeease release the mixes from this year
 

SGupta7

Member
Messages
109
You guys absolutely killed it! Congrats on a great performance and first place. Sid, Ram, and Pankaj you know I have so much respect for you guys for sticking with FCB and continuously taking the team to new heights every year. Glad all your hard work is finally paying off.


Sid, I've never seen you go so buck for a whole routine. Guess age doesn't matter on the circuit ;D
 

Ashveer

New Member
Messages
492
I'll be the voice of dissent and say that as a hardcore FCB fan I wasn't impressed by this performance. General sloppiness contra other performances (or perhaps more showboating), a reliance on mix and bass drops throughout the set contra it being the crescendo of the performance, and very odd facial expressions all around culminating in a very 2004/2005 'let me just open my mouth for you' moment left me wanting. Ram with no dhaari means no paarti.
 

roohinor

Dancing isn't about winning, It's about having fun
Messages
231
Favorite FCB set and mix to date. Also <3 <3 <3 the new vardiyaan. Congrats on the placing, guys. Well deserved, love you all!
 

sumeetj

Active Member
Messages
631
obviously your best set to date - great energy, and great excitement exuding from the dancers throughout the entire performance - there is a huge difference between people smiling on stage, and people on stage genuinely excited to be there- awesome job with training the young dancers, they are mad good, especially for their age. the only real critique i have is that i wasnt a part of the performance.

three first place trophies in a row though? that doesn't happen by accident. luck might help out at a comp or two, but if you get results like that, you are obviously doing something right.
 

jfried

Member
Messages
502
So, I've got mixed feelings on this set. Obviously there are some serious wow moments in here, most notably the stunts, Sahil & Akash just going ham like the whole time and a couple of others, but I sort of get the feeling that there may have been some points left on the table. It's tough to point to any one thing in particular, rather than just a general feeling, but here's the closest that I got: there were some moments in the middle third of the performance (beginning of the Nirmal Sidhu song, beginning of Taal se Taal and the sialkotis) where your footwork was a little rushed, and where you didn't extend legs as high, far or long as they could have been. It would have upped the energy even more, because I did actually think that was one of your strengths.

Honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of NYPD's set and I had you neck and neck with FAUJ. The thing that pushed you over the line, in my opinion, was the Akash/Sahil and Pankaj/Sid jodie. You guys looked so damn happy to be there and dancing, and you just engaged with the crowd so damn well. Akash, you just totally went crazy during Satisfya and the crowd ate it up.

And like Jordan said above, I've hung out with you guys at a couple of comps, including that Vaisakhi mela in Cleveland. You're legitimately great guys and you helped our team out a lot. It's really awesome seeing you guys succeed, not to mention with a routine that you added three minutes of new choreo to in two weeks. Keep it up. I'll see y'all at Bruin.
 

Psant

UNC Bhangra Elite Alum, Brandeis Bhangra
Messages
434
Yes, yes, yes. This is the FCB that I envisioned 5+ years ago when Harman was telling me about wanting to start an all-guys team. When it comes to creative props segments, Sid & Ram, you guys are geniuses. FCB has always taken risks, and this is the year where they all paid off. I loved the saap obstacle courses and the saaps fence! Dancer talent has gotten so much better and you guys are as clean as ever.

I can't believe you guys managed to pull off six towers - that's a truly impressive feat!My favorite part of the Satisfya jugni. Literally loved every single move you guys did and then that drop hit so hard with the mix. Also loved black jodi's moment in the front during the buildup. I also love the jhummar, and Ram - that gracefulness is on point. Also loved the ending choreo, but one of the green jodis is going WAY too hard at the beginning.

That being said, I think there are some areas of improvement to make FCB even more elite. First, I think about half of your dancers don't really lift their knees at all and it's kind of troubling. Second, I think this is part of the strategy, but it seems like an FCB dancer at front stage and one at the back of the stage are like over 9000 power levels apart. I'm all for conserving energy until you're in the front to put on the best appearance, but it became a bit too noticeable at times.

Overall, I am sooo happy that you guys are getting the recognition you deserve and I hope the streak continues! Can't wait to hang out with you guys hopefully soon.
 
Top