• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

First Class Bhangra First Performance Ever!!!

hsdeol

Active Member
Messages
485
Hey Everyone,


Since our formation in 2009, First Class Bhangra has competed in 8 different competitions in 6 different cities with over 40 different people! We appreciate all of the work competition organizers put in to host amazing competition weekends and the opportunity to dance on stage. The time we spent with other teams at competitions made everyone on FCB a stronger dancer, and has established friendships all across the country!


I would like to offer a small piece of advice to all the captains and team members on new/startup teams-- creating and establishing a new team in the circuit is harder now than ever. Working/practicing hard is the only thing that will get your team into comps. Use BTF as a resource but not as something to sit there and troll on expecting your team to start getting into comps cause you post- cause thats not gonna happen.


Neways, here is FCBs debut performance at University of Buffalos Muqabla 2009! (its amazing how many things can go wrong in one performance :) )


FCB at Muqabla




People in this vid


Sid P., Ram M, Harman D., Swi R., Milan P., Rohit K., Neel S., Ashwin J.
 

faysal

New Member
Messages
889
lol I think when you make a chalk pit in the middle of the stage (whoever performed next must have hated you btw) you're asking for things to go wrong. Nice to see how far you guys have come over a few years :) gave me a good laugh!
 

yraparla

SwizzeeMusic.com
Messages
2,072
hsdeol said:
Since our formation in 2009, First Class Bhangra has competed in 8 different competitions in 6 different cities with over 40 different people!
I can't believe it's only been 2 years, we've met so many awesome people and got to dance with some lifelong friends!
 

faizan

Just shut up and dance
Messages
1,736
lol that chalk pit is something i would think of. terribly executed, haha! FCB FTW
 

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Messages
1,270
oh lord. the chalk was supposed to be a tribute to lebron james...
 

Pavan

New Member
Messages
155
wow, you guys have come so far. Not only did you guys improve tremendously as dancers, but the creativity of your routine has also continued to progress. props to all your dancers, and especially your captains for putting in all the hard work
 

walkertexasjr

Member
Messages
48
faysal said:
lol I think when you make a chalk pit in the middle of the stage (whoever performed next must have hated you btw) you're asking for things to go wrong.
If I remember correctly, one of the dancers sprained their ankle really really badly from slipping on the chalk dust towards the beginning and finished the routine anyway. I remember running into you guys backstage trying to put together a makeshift splint for the awards ceremony
 

sahibmc

Member
Messages
37
faysal said:
lol I think when you make a chalk pit in the middle of the stage (whoever performed next must have hated you btw) you're asking for things to go wrong. Nice to see how far you guys have come over a few years :) gave me a good laugh!
Fes our 2009 showdown is worse lol but felt a bit like wathcing our tbs one... our paghs were mitti lol
 

dheerja

Member
Messages
607
Awesome I actually had no idea you guys had been around since 2009! I think first time I saw you was 2010 spring? Anyway it's inspiring to see how far you guys have come. I'm still too scared to post our Fusion Royale '08 video :)
 

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
Messages
467
dheerja said:
Awesome I actually had no idea you guys had been around since 2009! I think first time I saw you was 2010 spring? Anyway it's inspiring to see how far you guys have come. I'm still too scared to post our Fusion Royale '08 video :)

They've been around since 2008! Can't believe it's been over 3 years. I still remember when Harman was a freshman! Props for starting your own independent team when you're that young
 

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Messages
1,270
dheerja said:
Awesome I actually had no idea you guys had been around since 2009! I think first time I saw you was 2010 spring? Anyway it's inspiring to see how far you guys have come. I'm still too scared to post our Fusion Royale '08 video :)
post it!! would love to see how far you guys have come too!!
 

ahmad

New Member
Messages
481
*sigh* oh man oohhhhh man............ive said this before and I will say it again. The amount that you guys have improved is TREMENDOUS.
I have actually been at muqabala every year that you guys have performed and i remember the 2009 one where one of your guys was on crutches after the powder stint.....its really amazing how far you guys have come.

All I can say is keep it uppppp and now u even got one of ours (Raaju ;) )
 
Top