• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Furteelay Shokeen @ World's Best Bhangra Crew 2013 (GTV)

sunnyd48

Re: Furteelay Shokeen @ World's Best Bhangra Crew 2013

Quick shout out to Dilbagh for tying one of our paghs, Ash for being a sickk liaison and dealing with all of our weird requests lol, and Ankush and the rest of the WBBC committee for throwing one of the best run competitions we've been to!

Dabangg22

Right, I thoroughly enjoyed the set for a variety of reasons;
1) Nakhra was clearly visible and crowd enjoyed it
2)Gimmicks were minimal, emphasis on dance
3) The 'Mere laung gawacha' was my favourite bit, was cheeky and showed lots of creativity
4) Energy was great! It was also consistent across most dancers
5) Kaatho segment was maddd! Great folk touch! added extra variety
6) Ending mela scene was good touch, not over the top or gimmicky! Loved the pink jodi with weights,never been done before.
7) I liked the odd quotes 'Down with the King' and 'London Bridge is falling down', showed some balls lol esp since GCC came out with ' special relationship' bit at the beginning. Nice banter .
8) For a modern set you kept it folk in places, the jhummar for one but other segments too.
9) The tracks were mental!

For the reasons above, thats where you beat GCC. However now for my criticism:
1) You clearly jacked the song and choreo from GCC's bhangra wars set with the kick sshh at the end. I think this shows some laziness and does not do you guys justice. If GCC were to use any of your choreo from previous comps I think there would be an uproar, no matter how minor the segment they would use.
2) This set was great and as i mentioned for the reasons above as to why you got ahead of GCC, but it nots something which is different from a lot of sets in the US circuit. Same standard (ish) tracks and playing to the crowds with gimmicks/pyaar wale gaaneh (bar the folk kaatho). In that respect, GCC really whooped you in terms of originality and creativity, its a set which I will definitely remember for a long time.
3) Frankly i didnt see the point of the whole segment @ 3.22 seconds witht he hula hoop bit? It kinda cheapens the set a bit in my opinion.

Thats my 2 cents worth of opinion. 8)
3)

akumgill

Thanks for the feedback!

Dabangg22 said:
1) You clearly jacked the song and choreo from GCC's bhangra wars set with the kick sshh at the end. I think this shows some laziness and does not do you guys justice. If GCC were to use any of your choreo from previous comps I think there would be an uproar, no matter how minor the segment they would use.

The point of using the kick-shh was to kind of poke fun at GCC. We wanted to throw in one of their "trademark moves" to take the matchup theme one step further. That also explains some of our random samples in the mix. We definitely didn't intend any disrespect and/or to swaggajack and as far as I know, no one on GCC took offense to what we did. It was more of a tribute to our competition (a la VCU at one of the Elite 8s).

disharma1317

disharmz

Best set to date. A pleasure kicking it with you gentlemen, as always <3

moaaar

Great performance and the mix is hot ;D
Whats the song at 1:18?

joty

short guy in the blue is so sick, loved the mix

H.Sodhi83

I got to see this performance live at WBBC. Had to say I loved watching these guys. The dancers seemed to have a lot of fun on stage and enjoyed the first beat to last and you can tell by their facial expressions. Dancers kept composure and energy throughout the performance. When the dancers enjoy their set and it is noticable it amplifies their performance a whole lot more. Enjoyed watching this performance and deff loved the "Look mom I'm on GTV" and the human pong game and many other references in the set. Funniest thing was pink jodi holding dumbbells in the mela. Keep up the good work boys. Simz killing it with mixes as usual....POST IT SIMZ!

hsdeol

this was a great performance!

- switch in song during saap segment was so sick
-i loved the shing move around 6:30 and everything building up to it.
-starting from the 2 lines with the blue jodi groovin to phulkari could have been a lot cleaner
--the red jodi was absolutely amazing
- shorter blue dancer was great, but looked really different than other 11 dancers. got distracting for me
-the mix was good, but not my favorite furteelay or gsimz mix

absolutely loved watching this performance and i wish i could have seen it live! i look forward to see what you guys cook up for summer comps and the rest of the year

BSingh

I was not able to perform with the crew, but I really wish I did! Awesome performance guys! Really made me regret not going because you guys had so much fun dancing! I could tell.

Can't wait to get back on the grind this summer. :)

priyam

Teri chad di jawani nee..hayee love love 3:49 in this vid hahaha 'look mom' was so cute too. MERA LAUNG GAWACHA was SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME. love it, and the phummania building up to it.
[SIZE=78%]dumbbells at the end. lol. [/SIZE]

arjunK

The most fertile, young, ladies' men. Looked like fun. Keep doin' what you're doin'. Let's also find GSimz a girlfriend.