• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Fusion Royale - New York - October 18

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Messages
2,098
I just looked over your registration packet. It looks good but one think pops out - No hotel accomodations. That's a huge problem for teams. If you want a good show, you're gonna need teams from Toronto like NachanDaShounk and Raja are asking about, Michigan, and farther out of town. I don't think any team can financially afford to take a chance on a new competition when the hotel is gonna cost so much :(

I'm new in the whole circuit thing, but I know captains are starting to look at comps and putting together calendars of what comps they plan to apply to. That's definitely what I'm doing right now-and total cost is a huge factor. Check out the BTF discussion on "Choosing comps". Every other packet I've looked at either provides hotel [Groundshaker], arranged discounted rate for teams [Naach], or given travel vouchers [Boston]. You guys should definitely look into those options, so more teams can consider applying. Thanks
 

Shubh

New Member
Messages
69
Mariam,

From my experience, its about half and half when it comes to competitions providing hotel. There are plenty of competitions where hotels are provided (Groundshaker, PCS, BOB, etc) and there are probably just as many that don't (Masti, AVAP, Fusion).

It would be nice if every competition provided hotel for teams but its not standard. Majority of competitions provide a "group discount" code for teams but even then, hotel costs end up being expensive. But like you said, sometimes you have to take that into consideration when deciding which competition to apply to.
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
932
Yea...agreed with Shubh, many competitions just don't have the funds to provide hotel accomodations completely as of yet, and I for one know that hotels in NYC are CRAZY EXPENSIVE....so I guess you gotta just use your discretion when applying and see if it's worth it and if you have the funds to spend.
 

NachanDaShounk

New Member
Messages
81
okay it clearly seems like this organization (gotham) doesnt really care about there own event :p alot of ppls have concerns and questions but they dont reply. GET AT THE PPL GOTHAM :p
 

dheerja

Member
Messages
607
Oh dear...Bhangra Royale organizers? I wasn't at the comp but I definitely heard my fair share of stories about it.

Honestly the underlying problem for most NYC bhangra competitions are the organizers themselves. The completely unprofessional attitude that I've seen with liasons and organizers at every NYC comp is a complete turn-off. Even if you provide food, rehearsals, etc. teams should be treated with respect. Maybe it's a NY thing, but most of the organizers I've encountered were cocky and wouldn't listen to a word anyone said. The teams ARE your show. Treat them like performers, even if they aren't Malkit Singh and you didn't pay them thousands of dollars to come.
 

Temurzai

New Member
Messages
397
LOLcano

the competitions PR guy on btf was responding to literally every comment until Faizan ran house on them haha OWNED.
 

Jessica

www.bigapplebhangra2011.com
Messages
547
thats weird, last time they gave every team a hotel room, so i don't know why they wouldn't do that this time also
 

Jeeti

New Member
Messages
974
The New York Police Department wasn't even in the competition line up...and they still won...

NYPD! NYPD! NYPD!
 
Top