• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Garba-Raas Live Band??

SOBhangra

Hello BTF!

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with recommending a good live Garba - Raas band in the Upstate NY area/surrounding area. Please reply or PM me with any info you may have. Thanks in advance!

monisingh

LoL Bhangrateamsforum... try guju classifieds or some shit or GOOGLE for people near by you. anyways good luck

Sue Sylvester

kinnell
Your best bet would be to hit up a Gujarati Samaj or a similar organization. I know there is one for New York and there should be one in Rochester or Buffalo. That would be your most valuable resource in this search.

Saab

Today is a gift
Hey,

Try hitting up any classically trained dholi. I don't have many contact infos, but they could definitely learn raas taals if your looking for a dholi(and that would probably be most relevant to this forum). As for singers and other instrumentalists., I can put you in touch with our gujurati samaj/school contacts for info in the Pa/tri-state area.