• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Help with Acquiring an Algozey and Tumbi

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
Can anyone suggest the best way to acquire an algozey and possibly a tumbi? I would have to have it shipped to Ithaca, New York.

If nothing else I can try panjabemall.com for tumbi but they don't sell algozey.

Thanks.

http://www.panjabemall.com/index.php?cPath=224_228&page=3
 

Rohit

New Member
Messages
163
I got both my lagozey from India, my dhadi picked it up for me from Hoshiarpur but had to send it through a family member so it came back a lil unfinished but styll pretty nice. I'd def suggest try to get a family member from India get one for you and send it in the hands of someone coming near your area. That's also how I got my tumbi
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
Thanks guys, both dholetc. and Punjab Sports Canada were good resources for kato, daang, costumes, dhol, etc, but not algozey unfortunately (not listed on either site). I will be asking govind and other sources. thanks guys!
 

ranjit singh

New Member
Messages
308
Arjun said:
Thanks guys, both dholetc. and Punjab Sports Canada were good resources for kato, daang, costumes, dhol, etc, but not algozey unfortunately (not listed on either site). I will be asking govind and other sources. thanks guys!
http://www.dholetc.com/flute_algoze.php

http://www.dholetc.com/tumbi_standard.php
 

[NYFAC]Parhar

New Member
Messages
23
20 dollars for algoze is bull, get someone in india to bring them for you its like 5 dollars and probably ask for specific colors and accessories.
But if you dont have any1 to get them, this is the way to go.
 

Jackie

Member
Messages
173
if u ever get the chance to go to india
or if u have a relative that can send it to you
i reccomend the nagi musical store in patiala.
i got my dhol and vaja from there, very good quality
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
Yeah, suppliers from India would be optimal but I am hoping to get this within a week or two so I'm trying to find sources closer to home. bhangra nation (posted above) is helping me out with this so hopefully it will work out. thanks again for all your pointers!
 
Top