• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

IDEAL WBBC MATCH UPS

A.JAGGI

Given everyone's opinionated responses to the first match up for next years wbbc comp, I'm interested to see what match up do you guys think would be ideal for this comp. We can make this fun and bring up old school teams too. Personally, I'd love to see:

1) sgpd vs. nj
2) empire vs. drp
3) cal vs. jvd (shout out to foreign lands)
4) shan-e- vs. jj
5) fauj vs. bk (THIS MUST HAPPEN AGAIN)

RoohAfza

I don't think there is anyone in the community who wouldn't love to see SGPD and Nachdi Jawani compete against each other in a match-up. Neither team has competed recently, so it would be great to see one (or both) make an appearance at WBBC. Instead of DRP, I think VCU would be a more suitable opponent for Bhangra Empire in a match-up. Cal Bhangra vs Josh Valaithian Da would be perfect. I don't think Joshiley Jawan is active anymore. Shan E vs Vancity would be a good alternative. And, I agree, FAUJ vs. Bhangra Knightz would be great.

sartajjudge

Would like to see Cal v. Cornell, even though I think there was a specific reason the teams weren't going head to head against each other this year for a matchup.

BK v. NYPD would be sick.

If Cal v. Cornell didn't happen, UVA v. Cornell would be sick too (two of the best east coast college teams).

J-Skeet

shan-e v fauj

BK v ABC

VanCity v NYPD

Cal v next best coed squad

TAG v ABC

TAG v SMD/BCBG/PFA for you 'diversity' heads(this is the most 1 sided match up on here)

SFBC v Shan e

FAUJ v ABC

a lot of these teams could matchup with one another

**Not the best matchups**:
Rutgers v Virsa (to attract local crowds..jersey v NY/bring crowd hype[SIZE=78%])[/SIZE]

NGPD v NSG

JVD v Cornell again for you 'diverse' heads

shan e toronto v GOB...what if we saw this lol (actually one of the best matchups)

#1 matchup everyone wants..don't know if we'll get it

N.J. v SGPD

venividivici

SGPD vs. NJ (or NGPD vs. NJ Juniors)
FAUJ vs. BK
ABC vs. Van City
Bhangra Empire vs. VCU/Cornell
Shan-e (Surrey) vs. Shan-e (Toronto)

amancheema

AEG v. University of Phoenix Online Bhangra Club (also known as Dilbagh Nagi De Chele, also known as Shere Panjab also known as POWERFUL PATT PUNJABIZ D.C. Chapter) .. Anytime, anywhere open challenge, clock is ticking still waiting for a response... Aun deyo

amancheema said:
AEG v. University of Phoenix Online Bhangra Club (also known as Dilbagh Nagi De Chele, also known as Shere Panjab also known as POWERFUL PATT PUNJABIZ D.C. Chapter) .. Anytime, anywhere open challenge, clock is ticking still waiting for a response... Aun deyo
+1 aun deyo. Take notes btf, this is how rivalries are made....btw, still looking for dancers. Contact myself or djaychee for details

G Bajwa

KarnSingh said:
JVD vs CBS
Ankhilay Gabroo vs RPD
NJ vs SGPD
Cornell vs CMU
TAG vs TAG
VCU vs BE
BK vs McDonald's
Nishani vs AEG
Cal vs UVA
FS vs NYPD
PCBCA vs Shane (Van)
DCMPAA vs Virsa
NSM^2 vs Judges

LOLL well played..

Hoya Singh

BK vs VanCity
Cal vs JVD
NGPD vs Jawani Warriors
Bhangra Empire vs Cornell
TAG vs SMD
ABC vs FAUJ
Shan e (van) vs JJ
UVA vs CMU
Nachdi Jawani live vs RPD

Saab

Today is a gift
Every bhangra incarnation of Arjun Barua versus any team. Beard status would be legendary.

KushK

KarnSingh said:
Ankush said:
Sorry, AEG can't compete at this one ;)

it would be worth it ... why cant you? i understand that you're hosting it and all, but still why not?
We help run the show and most of the AEG boys help out as well. It just wouldn't be possible for us to help run the competition and compete at the same time.

Anik915

Ankush said:
KarnSingh said:
Ankush said:
Sorry, AEG can't compete at this one ;)

it would be worth it ... why cant you? i understand that you're hosting it and all, but still why not?
We help run the show and most of the AEG boys help out as well. It just wouldn't be possible for us to help run the competition and compete at the same time.

...All I'm hearing is excuses Ankush. AEG will be the first team to host a competition and win it. ;)