• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Innovations in Bhangra Fashion/Style

Govind

Let's hear it for those people who took a risk trying something different on their unis...and caught people's eye! What worked, what didn't?

A few things I loved were the tie dye paggs (2007- SGPD and Yale, oops self pump), PAU's mini bells on the shoulders of their vests, Nachdi Girls wearing chaadars/jackets, one Gurdaspur Bhangra team I saw wore cow bells on one leg and danced...I saw a pic recently of a team with checkered jackets which looked pretty fresh.

How about pagg styles? What's your take on making a phul out of the end of the first lardh?

Feel free to post pics as examples!! :))

Govind

siddyp

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
aeg - phuman on the foot. loved it.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the aeg gloves but they served them well.

face paint - fauj and nj

panj's white back and colored front (kurta/vest)

(Self pump) - SCB Argyle chadre

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
ABC - it's difficult to describe this, but the whole "positive/negative" vardi patterning. on one half of the vardi, the pattern would be white on color, and on the adjacent half, the same pattern would be color on white. here's a picture; you can see it best on the red guy

jfried

Ashveer said:
BAR-B's jackets are cool
Was just about to mention this.

I also liked the contrasting vest+kurta that AEG has been using at their party sets and at VIBC this year.

Kaur

about to self pump aha, I'm pretty sure we were the first team to have the same color head to toe back in 2008, once Vcu did it it exploded. Then our massive peacocks on the kurta with our last ones.

-Sgpd chadre (started the stripes/checkers).

- JJ did beige kurte, Drexal did red kurte.

- Aeg did circles

Rip

- also a fan of the reverse colors ABC did with their vaardiyan...and i believe hurricane bhangra also has something similar to that?

- JJs beige base was sick, and the designs were very intricate

- i always liked the contrast of the black base with the rest of the colors that UVA used to wear, and then BK brought out with a gimmick

puttsardar98

sangeensingh said:
Govind said:
what do you guys think of these phumman on steroids? hahaha

That pagh is beautiful.
was about to say the same thing! the phummans got nothing on that pugh! and his muchh is on point...must be the inner sardar in me noticing the muchh :p

Govind

There is a guy in Ludhiana all the PAU dudes go to for trimming bc he specializes in the Bhangra muchh!!! Haha
Oh ya no doubt that is the freshest pagg/turla I have ever seen! Immaculate.