• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

iPhone BTF layout help!

asad04

Member
Messages
82
I clicked the classic button on the mobile site and it took me to the original BTF site. (not formatted for the iPhone)
Now everytime I go to BTF from my phone it goes directly to the original site, not the mobile formatted version. My question is how do I get back to the mobile formatted version of the site?
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
CLICK HERE


If you are a PC user and just clicked the above link out of morbid curiosity, you're now looking at the iphone version. CLICK HERE to return to normal
 

asad04

Member
Messages
82
To Saleem:

Just a suggestion..You should add a button on the PC version of the site to return to the mobile version.
Another feature I'd like to see on BTF mobile is the additional options section when posting.
 

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
1,928
I understand your sentiment.. I am hesitant to add any extra buttons to the home page that such a huge diverse crowd sees, given that mobile users account for only 4% of our traffic. I think there is a way to reset safari in the iphone to get it back, i'll look into it tomorrow for you.
 

asad04

Member
Messages
82
Saleem said:
I understand your sentiment.. I am hesitant to add any extra buttons to the home page that such a huge diverse crowd sees, given that mobile users account for only 4% of our traffic. I think there is a way to reset safari in the iphone to get it back, i'll look into it tomorrow for you.
I see your point, and alright, thanks for your time!

Another suggestion:

Why not make the server do a check to see if the user is on a mobile device, so if they do end up on the PC version the button to switch back will be there and only they can see it?

OR

You could give the mobile site it's own link? Like "m.bhangrateamsforum.com" and only allow mobile devices to connect to it?
 

harjap_singh

New Member
Messages
234
Saleem said:
CLICK HERE


If you are a PC user and just clicked the above link out of morbid curiosity, you're now looking at the iphone version. CLICK HERE to return to normal
LMAOO "morbid curiosity" kayy so i made the little icon thing, but when i go on it, it takes me to the regular version:(
 
Top