• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

iPhone help!

Singhlarry23

New Member
Messages
283
K so I gotta iPhone few days ago. Got the iPhone 3g. The version/firmware is 4.1, and I can't find a way to jailbreak that. Could any "techy" iPhone people help me?thanks!
 

Gabroo Tv

Member
Messages
662
4.1 is jailbreakable using green poison (the best i can remember) Just do a quick search on google, the 4.1 crack has been out for a few months but to unlock it requires you to use the baseband from the iPad...
 

Singhlarry23

New Member
Messages
283
Gabroo Tv said:
4.1 is jailbreakable using green poison (the best i can remember) Just do a quick search on google, the 4.1 crack has been out for a few months but to unlock it requires you to use the baseband from the iPad...
Hmm. I see. Cause' I just have to jailbreak it which I'm not sure that you can do on the 4.1, but could be. I just need to jailbreak it, because then I have to unlock it which requires that you must jailbreak it first. o_O
 

Singhlarry23

New Member
Messages
283
Hmmm...

Okay so I downgraded my iPhone to 4.0. I got it jailbroken, but I can't unlock it for T-Mobile. Can someone PLEASE help me. Thanks. ;]
 

Psant

UNC Bhangra Elite Alum, Brandeis Bhangra
Messages
434
That looks right to me. ultrasn0w is what I usually use.
 

Singhlarry23

New Member
Messages
283
Lol problem after problem.
Now, my iPhone isn't connecting internet. I type in my password and it says "Password incorrect for, 2Wire," Then I try it on my iPod Touch and it works. You need internet to unlock it. ;[
 

itsG

New Member
Messages
309
did you use green po1son?
limera1n works and thts fine just use limera1n and you're set on 4.1
jailbreakme.com works only before 4.1 hence 4.0.2 and before
whats ur modem version and firmware now?
 

Singhlarry23

New Member
Messages
283
itsG said:
did you use green po1son?
limera1n works and thts fine just use limera1n and you're set on 4.1
jailbreakme.com works only before 4.1 hence 4.0.2 and before
whats ur modem version and firmware now?

I got it jailbroken. Downgraded to 4.0! I can unlock it but.... The wifi isn't workin on the phone. It doesn't let me connect.. Tried 3 times, please help!
 

itsG

New Member
Messages
309
firmware doesnt matter unlock has to do with the baseband which in most cases can not be downgraded
so downgrading the firmware doesnt allow for the unlock just the jailbreak


1. do you have mac?
2. whats the modem version aka baseband?
 
Top