• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Jashan and Blowout Predictions?

mrchicity

Active Member
Messages
329
J Wong said:
sartajjudge said:
Was expecting different placings, starting with UNC at first (place). Will have to wait for the videos. I hope this competition goes back to DAR Constitution Hall in the future. Does anyone know why it got moved to Warner Theater for the last two years.
DAR is so hard to book because EVERYTHING goes there.
Pretty much they had it for Blowout 2011, they did something to lose it, and now they won't get it back. It's a shame, DAR had the best stage I've ever performed on.
 

NavSingh21

New Member
Messages
47
indiaman5 said:
3. Vtech- stunning dont know many people expect this to place
2. unc- still don't think they deserved to place at all
1. Cal- Bhangra needs an attitude adjustment

Cornell won this comp hands down.. Absolute disgrace
What was wrong with cal's attitude?
 

arnab

Member
Messages
77
mrchicity said:
J Wong said:
sartajjudge said:
Was expecting different placings, starting with UNC at first (place). Will have to wait for the videos. I hope this competition goes back to DAR Constitution Hall in the future. Does anyone know why it got moved to Warner Theater for the last two years.
DAR is so hard to book because EVERYTHING goes there.
Pretty much they had it for Blowout 2011, they did something to lose it, and now they won't get it back. It's a shame, DAR had the best stage I've ever performed on.
Should also consider the fact that DAR is about twice the size of Warner, which is already hard enough to fill for a show and that it costs tens of thousands more dollars more than warner
 

sartajjudge

New Member
Messages
609
arnab said:
mrchicity said:
J Wong said:
sartajjudge said:
Was expecting different placings, starting with UNC at first (place). Will have to wait for the videos. I hope this competition goes back to DAR Constitution Hall in the future. Does anyone know why it got moved to Warner Theater for the last two years.
DAR is so hard to book because EVERYTHING goes there.
Pretty much they had it for Blowout 2011, they did something to lose it, and now they won't get it back. It's a shame, DAR had the best stage I've ever performed on.
Should also consider the fact that DAR is about twice the size of Warner, which is already hard enough to fill for a show and that it costs tens of thousands more dollars more than warner

I figured DAR was much more expensive to book compared to Warner. I thought Warner would be completely full for Elite 8 but when I saw the flashmob part of the GTV video of JJ's performance you could see that there were def. some open seats at Warner.


Does this mean that over the years, attendance for Blowout has greatly declined?
 
Top