• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Jeona Morh

Tuckerrrr

Member
Messages
321
I was wondering why the Jeona Morh step is named so. Most of the step names make sense; this seemed pretty random. I know the story of Jeona Morh (according to the old Punjabi movie), but I'm curious as to how the step got named after a robber who ended up dying to protect his family after the bezti he caused them. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.


you can see it in this video at 2:08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFqXAxWsECw&feature=related
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
the movement of the step must have some sort of significance to the story?
 

COMTONDAJATT

mint gumri
Messages
302
Someone told me it was because they named each set of steps after the type of boli they were singing. So since they did not have a specific name for that step they called it the Jeona Morh step because it corresponded to the Jeona Morh boli. Now that step can be danced to any type of boli. Someone probably has a better or more correct answer though.
 

Mukandpuria

New Member
Messages
1,413
because during the folk tale Jeona Morh ran around in circles


......


nawww kidding...just to build on COMTONDAJATT, i to herd the same thing when i asked this question to a team in punjab...they were singing that boli and it just got labeled that.
 

Manjot

Active Member
Messages
2,058
I think people just needed names to label the moves rather then being like when you spin in a circle or w/e so the name started from that maybe...unless some1 got a better explanation lol
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Whats the jeona morh boli? I've heard this boli used for the step: "kaley paani o morh nu kaath kish ne paya, badla lan ley soneya, jey mah dha jaya haii". Id that it?
 

Gabroo

New Member
Messages
218
Meistro said:
Whats the jeona morh boli? I've heard this boli used for the step: "kaley paani o morh nu kaath kish ne paya, badla lan ley soneya, jey mah dha jaya haii". Id that it?
Yeah I think that is the boli jeona morh was originally done to, I've seen it in a couple of vids.

Check it out at 2:52 they do jeona morh to that boli.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEvvfVSL_c
 

Tuckerrrr

Member
Messages
321
Gabroo said:
Meistro said:
Whats the jeona morh boli? I've heard this boli used for the step: "kaley paani o morh nu kaath kish ne paya, badla lan ley soneya, jey mah dha jaya haii". Id that it?
Yeah I think that is the boli jeona morh was originally done to, I've seen it in a couple of vids.

Check it out at 2:52 they do jeona morh to that boli.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egEvvfVSL_c

good find...i like anda as the name of that move hah im gonna start using that
 

Varun

Member
Messages
268
i think the more interesting question is how COMPTONDAJATT got named so...one of the bhangra mysteries yet to be unlocked...
 
Top