• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Josh Valaithian Da @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014 (GTVHD)

Gabroo Tv

All the way from Slough, United Kingdom, this is Josh Valaithian Da performing @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014. They were a part of matchup #1 against UVA Di Shaan. JVD won this matchup.

Josh Valaithian Da @ Worlds Best Bhangra Crew 2014

A huge Thank You to Ash (from AEG) and Jessie (who drove out from Philly) for operating additional camera's this weekend for me. They're the ones who deserve the credit for the pre and post performance clips you're seeing. They were by my side the entire weekend and without their help, all this additional footage would not have been possible. Love you guys!

Dancers:
Orange Jodi - Jasdeep Singh, Rajbir Bath
Blue Jodi - Fidelis Bassuah, Natasha Kataria
Purple Jodi - Amitoj Dale, Amandeep Chana
Green Jodi - Randeep Sohal, Chetna Punj
Red Jodi - Harmeet Tiwana, Natasha Rangwani
Yellow Jodi - Jaspreet Gill, Paramdeep Sehmbi

Songs:
Dushmani
Londono Patola
England Nachda
Laung Da Lishkara
Dil Mitran Da
Chadti Ashiqui
Ek Ek Saah
Sahiba da Kath
Chak Dehn Ge
Samne Chubaare
Bhangra Bina

Next video: Cornell Bhangra to be posted on 03/25/14 @ 3pm PST 6pm EST

Kaur

Wow!! This was so good and that mix has to be one of the best I have heard in awhile!

VD

This was a great set. Enjoyed watching every minute it. Thanks for coming out guys! You guys definitely held it down for the UK. Hope to have you guys back!

venividivici

Wow JVD ripped it! I was thoroughly impressed, one of the best sets we've season this season.

P.S. no team has ever gone wrong using that dushmani intro

DamanSingh

So much grace, nakhra and energy, an incredible set, and a mix that I've had on repeat since it was posted on BTF a few days ago.

Thank you to Josh Valaithian Da for coming all the way from the UK to grace the stage here at home.

also, I love how the dancers' names are stitched onto the vardiyan! Great response during the interview, Harmeet.

Suna

Both live and online - AMAZING! So glad JVD made the trek over here! Also that speech at the end about bhangra and the bhangra family.... gotta admit i teared up a bit. Definitely miss my own bhangra family. Congrats JVD! Job VERY well done! :)

rajkaran

I loved this set and the mix! I thought you guys were enjoying yourselves quite a bit on stage and it translated well into the audience. I went WILD during chittiyan...

To echo- I love that the names were stitched onto the vardi...and the saggi phull for the girls was clutch!

Mans

BTF Mixing Mod
venividivici said:
P.S. no team has ever gone wrong using that dushmani intro
Dushmani will forever be LBC's song in my eyes

Can't wait to watch how Cornell matches up against this performance Good Stuff!!

Gabroo Tv

Mans said:
Can't wait to watch how Cornell matches up against this performance Good Stuff!!
JVD was matched against UVA. Cornell was matched against CMU. I'm just uploading videos, in show order, according to "approved" status.

As you may have noticed, there is now a stage cam :) I also improved the render algorithms, you "should" def be noticing cleaner sharper video.

-hh

rnarang

The energy maintained throughout the whole set is crazy. Really liked your guys' set from Bhangra Wars and all the changes to the mix and choreo made this performance that much better. Absolutely loved watching you guys live!

faysal

Congratulations on the win guys, made the trip all the more worth it I'm sure. Everyone here is proud of your achievement :) Personally didn't feel like this performance was as strong as the Bhangra Wars one, but was still very entertaining to watch, the best we've seen a lot of you dance up until now. Remember to go to Artichoke for pizza before you leave!

Armaan Kapoor

It goes without saying that this was an amazing performance. Super clean, and I'm in love with the jhummar song!

More importantly though, I can't begin to describe the character of your team - you guys are some of the most hardworking, humble, and thoughtful individuals I've ever met. You guys are a true family, and it was an honor meeting you this past weekend and chilling at the afterparty. Come back to the States soon for another comp!