• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Marathon blasting in Boston

disharma1317

disharmz
singhk1 said:
it's just funny how something happens everyone jumps on the bandwagon like omgomg #prayforboston like you support it so much when in a few days you're gonna forget it ever happened.

People that truly wish good for humanity dont need to go around saying that's how they think. its like having a guilty conscience and pointing out the things you do right for recognition, as if it will rid the bad or cover your contradicting mentality -- you're not fooling anyone. your actions define you a lot more accurately than all that shit sperwing out of your mouth. Regardless of that forget i brought it up Hope everyone is safe now in boston
This really bothers me for a whole bunch of reasons that I'm not going to get into, but I've grown up in Boston. We've never had anything here even remotely close to what happened. Seeing the streets that I walk down almost every day covered in blood and debris is something I pray you'll never have to see in your life. Spending hours on the phone last night trying to make sure my friends and family who were running/volunteering at the marathon weren't injured or killed is one of the hardest things I have ever been through. Not being able to contact people and being so uncertain that there was going to be another attack... Yeah, maybe some people will forget this happened. Maybe it'll be a bandwagon for some people, but for those of us who live here, or those who have ties to this city and its people, we're not going to forget. For you to write something so ignorant and hateful is just so far from okay.

disharma1317 said:
singhk1 said:
it's just funny how something happens everyone jumps on the bandwagon like omgomg #prayforboston like you support it so much when in a few days you're gonna forget it ever happened.

People that truly wish good for humanity dont need to go around saying that's how they think. its like having a guilty conscience and pointing out the things you do right for recognition, as if it will rid the bad or cover your contradicting mentality -- you're not fooling anyone. your actions define you a lot more accurately than all that shit sperwing out of your mouth. Regardless of that forget i brought it up Hope everyone is safe now in boston
This really bothers me for a whole bunch of reasons that I'm not going to get into, but I've grown up in Boston. We've never had anything here even remotely close to what happened. Seeing the streets that I walk down almost every day covered in blood and debris is something I pray you'll never have to see in your life. Spending hours on the phone last night trying to make sure my friends and family who were running/volunteering at the marathon weren't injured or killed is one of the hardest things I have ever been through. Not being able to contact people and being so uncertain that there was going to be another attack... Yeah, maybe some people will forget this happened. Maybe it'll be a bandwagon for some people, but for those of us who live here, or those who have ties to this city and its people, we're not going to forget. For you to write something so ignorant and hateful is just so far from okay.
+1 well said !!!! Evrryone should show some respect .. whos next place might be your hometown. Feel so bad for that 8 year old:(

singhk1

disharma1317 said:
[SIZE=78%]. For you to write something so ignorant and hateful is just so far from okay.[/SIZE]

Oh wowwwwwwwww ok so hateful and so ignorant...Just stop and re- Read all my comments and then tell me that Im so hateful and ignorant...That effects me more than you can ever ever imagine

RsKderpu

singhk1 said:
disharma1317 said:
[SIZE=78%]. For you to write something so ignorant and hateful is just so far from okay.[/SIZE]
[quote author=singhk1]
Oh wowwwwwwwww ok so hateful and so ignorant...Just stop and re- Read all my comments and then tell me that Im so hateful and ignorant...That effects me more than you can ever ever imagine

Singhk1....There is place and time to talk about w/e you're babbling about. And this definitely isn' the time or place. You always seem to just post whatever comes to your mind, without ever thinking things through.

My heart goes out to everyone and their families.
Google has something for looking for people that were affected by the blasts.

http://google.org/personfinder/2013-boston-explosions[/quote]

roohinor

Dancing isn't about winning, It's about having fun
Glad you guys are safe!! And thanks for posting that, Arjun. Bring some peace back into the the point of this thread.

hardeep_singh

What makes everything weirder is how connected the community is. I found out yesterday that a guy i know from the gym went to high school with the girl from medford who was killed in the bombing, today i found out that the MIT officer who was killed had worked with a guy i knew back in high school, and suspect number 1 had gone to high school with people i know from cambridge.

Multani

KarnSingh said:
Multani said:
Boston need to review their Gun Policies now.
lol .. don't know if that was a joke though .. guns weren't even an issue in this

When you have the whole city locked down scared, while couple of guys carrying guns and explosive, that's why banning guns doesn't help publilc, it gives extra confidence to criminals. Imagine if people did had guns, those shooter's may have been shot already without having the city scared and lockdown.

P.S.-Texas don't do lockdowns. ;)

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Multani said:
KarnSingh said:
Multani said:
Boston need to review their Gun Policies now.
lol .. don't know if that was a joke though .. guns weren't even an issue in this

When you have the whole city locked down scared, while couple of guys carrying guns and explosive, that's why banning guns doesn't help publilc, it gives extra confidence to criminals. Imagine if people did had guns, those shooter's may have been shot already without having the city scared and lockdown.

P.S.-Texas don't do lockdowns. ;)

that is precisely the reason those people should not have guns. who's to say that some hopped-up gun nut doesn't mistake the paper boy for a bomber? the last thing we need is self-righteous vigilantes gunning down anyone and everyone they think is a suspect.

Multani

Two questions for you Mr. V:

1. Drugs are illegal, people still get them. Make guns illegal, a criminal will get them no matter what. So what banning guns will do? Specially when Boston has one of the strict gun policies in nation.

2. What if that paper boy, who been all over the news, decide to knock on your door and stay at your place with gun on your head. How can you mistake the boy who has been all over the news? Lets say even if its not bomber, what if somebody else brings a gun and try to rob you.

I don't like that locking down the city, with people having no weapons to protect them selfs. That's what was done in Punjab, took away all the guns back in the days and than you know the history.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
1) Australia. Look it up. or Japan, if you like. Countries where firearms are banned (or heavily restricted) have significantly lower rates of firearm-related violent crime. In addition, the incidence of firearm-related suicides are also much much lower.
2) I think you didn't understand what I wanted to say. The problem with regular people taking justice into their own hands is that people are going to make mistakes. Just after the FBI released the photos of the suspected bombers, theories abounded on the internet as to who the bombers really were. Several completely innocent people were basically witch-hunted down by self-righteous internet tough guys, and forced to endure a lot of heartache and wrongfully placed blame. Read about it here. In particular, one such person was Sunil Tripathi. Now, Tripathi was actually discovered dead a little later, but let's say he was actually still alive during the witch-hunt that sought to indict him. What if one of the internet "defenders of justice" convinced that Tripathi was the culprit accidentally ran into him on the street and decided to gun him down, "in the interest of justice"? That is what I am talking about. There's no need for that kind of shit.

I'm not advocating a total banning of guns. But for god's sake our gun control laws DEFINITELY do not need to get any more lax.

Multani

voxanimus said:
2) I think you didn't understand what I wanted to say. The problem with regular people taking justice into their own hands is that people are going to make mistakes. Just after the FBI released the photos of the suspected bombers, theories abounded on the internet as to who the bombers really were.

Nobody is going to shoot an unarmed person. you misread it, what I meant is that person on tv, even if he is innocent, comes to your house with a gun? Protection from fuckheads like those needs to be answered same way. I am sure he wouldn't think twice before shooing you as he shot that cop.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Multani said:
voxanimus said:
2) I think you didn't understand what I wanted to say. The problem with regular people taking justice into their own hands is that people are going to make mistakes. Just after the FBI released the photos of the suspected bombers, theories abounded on the internet as to who the bombers really were.

Nobody is going to shoot an unarmed person. you misread it, what I meant is that person on tv, even if he is innocent, comes to your house with a gun? Protection from fuckheads like those needs to be answered same way. I am sure he wouldn't think twice before shooing you as he shot that cop.

a lot of people would shoot an unarmed person. hell, some lady in new york was arrested for pushing a COMPLETELY RANDOM indian man in front of a train merely because she "didn't like these Muslim fuckers in our country." i have no doubt she would have shot that man, had she had a gun.

Multani

[SIZE=78%]Now your going off track with the original topic, we are talking about self defense. Hate crimes are whole different level. There are plenty of cases that you can look at and debate. I agree that self defense case was pretty fucked up. Also, if you going to talk about statistics, look only in US: which states has the lowest crime rate when it comes to gun laws.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=78%]But sorry Democrats, you are not going to take guns away from Texas. Wait till somebody comes to your home with a gun, than welcome them with your knives. I respect your opinion, you don't need a gun, don't buy it. But don't tell others to not buy also. I am out, exam time. [/SIZE]