I've personally gone through a SM 57 and heard a SM 58. I upgraded to a Audix D6 mic which is in my talli. I've also heard a Shure D112 mic along with a Shure Beta 52 in a Dhol.
Personally recommend the Audix D6, Shure D112 or Beta 52. The Shure SM 57 and 58 are not bad at all but they're vocal mics. You get a really crisp high pitch sound out of your tilli out of those but you want a kick drum mic for your Dhol. With the SM 57 I used to get a lot of feed back from the Dagga. I like the Audix D6 its good clean even tone and crisp. But many people have been recommending the D112 from Shure as well. Hearing that its an awesome mic as well. I've heard it and it sounds sick too but a bit on the pricey side. So is the Beta 52. THe Beta 52 is usually used quite often for a lot of percussion instruments, drums, tabla, etc. The Beta 52 is legit. Sounds sick as well.
What I would recommend is taking your Dhol with you when you go buy your mic and talk to you a rep there. He'll give more knowledge on which mic to use. But most likely a kick drum mic would be the best bet. I've gone through 3 SM 57's (could never find a good stand for it inside my Dhol). But best of luck