• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Minor Bhangra Competition In NJ and NY

This thread is stupid. It seems like everyone has to jump down each others throat over one comment. Let the organizer post whatever he wants. Give some productive feedback. Actually you know what. Fuck it. Say whatever the hell you want. Make a fool out of yourselves over some petty shit like a small comp/mela or whatever you want to call it. I will have no part in this. BTF will only be good for downloading music for me. Otherwise you can find me on http://www.salsaforums.com/ yea thats right Im switching it up completely. At least I can enjoy myself and learn a new way to dance. BTF IM OUT!!!!

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Saleem said:
CAN YOU PLEASE TYPE BIGGER I HAVE TEH CATARACTS. ALSO WHY NOT JUST HAVE ONE SET OF WINNERS THANK YOU
as someone who actually had teh cataracts i actually appreciated his effort at clarity

hardeep_singh

campy614

hardeep_singh said:
Navkarn said:
hardeep_singh said:
someone called?

http://bhangrateamsforum.com/discuss/main-bhangra-discussion/ultimate-bhangra-competition-%28ubc%29-official-line-up/msg150207/#msg150207

umm excuse me sir, please refrain from recycling my shit. i know i'm hilarious and all, but find you're own shit. thanks =]

i didnt know it was possible to own a meme, thank you for enlightening me in the ways of the interwebs oh wise /b/-tard
... Pretty sure Navkarn was joking (please see smiley face at the end of his post). Just throwing that out there.

Ok. Back to being a hermit in my cubicle while listening to Shakira.

achintchani

BDR Official Fan said:
This thread is stupid. It seems like everyone has to jump down each others throat over one comment. Let the organizer post whatever he wants. Give some productive feedback. Actually you know what. Fuck it. Say whatever the hell you want. Make a fool out of yourselves over some petty shit like a small comp/mela or whatever you want to call it. I will have no part in this. BTF will only be good for downloading music for me. Otherwise you can find me on http://www.salsaforums.com/ yea thats right Im switching it up completely. At least I can enjoy myself and learn a new way to dance. BTF IM OUT!!!!
+1 ...goooodnight btf

campy614

BDR Official Fan said:
Create a "Danza Kuduro" station on Pandora. For the rest of the day just sit there and enjoy the amazingness that pops out of your computer/smartphone (it's more reggaetonish, but post 2008 reggaeton is amazing anyway). One of my personal favorites has to be "Pal' Carnanval" by Magnate & Valentino. AH-MAZING!!

Saleem

Administrator
Staff member
Ashveer I appreciate your sentiment but this is very different: a new team is like a new competition, who might introduce themselves and the details. I don't expect the best from that. Even so, I expect a different etiquette and standards for a new comp than a new team (as many here do, when we criticize a competition with no venue, website, schedule, or details). An organizer who comes here and says they bring miss lookspooja, they've handled gurdas mann, thats saying they are accompished. And if a team came here and said "WERE THE BEST TEAM IN ALL OF CANADA" and then did something stupid, yes I would criticize.

Voxanimus I had a feeling someone would bring up cataracts. It actually came to my mind vecause I've helped family members with cataracts to access the PC. So I can tell you people typing massively helps no one. Every current browser, including chrome, firefox, and IE include accessibility tools (text magnifers) specifically for this purpose. Just hit ctrl plus to increase. So I am considerate of your situation but personally being affected by it is why it came to mind at all.

EDIT: iphone wrote miss looks instead of miss pooja lol

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Saleem said:
Ashveer I appreciate your sentiment but this is very different: a new team is like a new competition, who might introduce themselves and the details. I don't expect the best from that. Even so, I expect a different etiquette and standards for a new comp than a new team (as many here do, when we criticize a competition with no venue, website, schedule, or details). An organizer who comes here and says they bring miss looks, they've handled gurdas mann, thats saying they are accompished. And if a team came here and said "WERE THE BEST TEAM IN ALL OF CANADA" and then did something stupid, yes I would criticize.

Voxanimus I had a feeling someone would bring up cataracts. It actually came to my mind vecause I've helped family members with cataracts to access the PC. So I can tell you people typing massively helps no one. Every current browser, including chrome, firefox, and IE include accessibility tools (text magnifers) specifically for this purpose. Just hit ctrl plus to increase. So I am considerate of your situation but personally being affected by it is why it came to mind at all.
haha i know. i just zoom the page in. it wasn't actually in seriousness.

Ashveer

Saleem said:
Ashveer I appreciate your sentiment but this is very different: a new team is like a new competition, who might introduce themselves and the details. I don't expect the best from that. Even so, I expect a different etiquette and standards for a new comp than a new team (as many here do, when we criticize a competition with no venue, website, schedule, or details). An organizer who comes here and says they bring miss lookspooja, they've handled gurdas mann, thats saying they are accompished. And if a team came here and said "WERE THE BEST TEAM IN ALL OF CANADA" and then did something stupid, yes I would criticize.
Before you made fun of the poster, they had written:

Ladies and GentlemenRajvir Entertainment Presents
Voice of Punjab 2011
Miss PoojaRoshan PrinceGeeta Zaildarand Laddi Basra
There will be a small compeition held right before the show we are only looking for 4 teams for NJ and 3 for NY the winning Team in jersey will get a chance to win 2 prices1ST PLACE: $11002ND PLACE: $500The winning Team in Jersey will get a chance to win 2 prices in both states
Sign up fee is $200and Judges are also all special JudgesMiss Pooja, Geeta Zaildar , Roshan Prince and Laddi Basra
---
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT LAKHVIR JOHAL at 718-610-9799
---
THIS IS JULY 2ND IN NJ RITZ THEATRE AND JULY 3RD IN NEW YORK LOCATION HASNT BEEN CONFIRMED BUT MISS POOJA IS HERE
----

Sure, if the poster is trying to represent a professional organization that is hosting an event worth BTFers' time, they're doing a poor job. However, I think its reasonable to expect that readers of this forum would recognize that the poster is new, and that this isn't going to be a competition in the usual sense. Maybe the dude -to his detriment- sucks at the internet, which is why he gave his phone number. For newly established teams, performances like these are great to get stage time and experience and they'd be willing to call and figure out the details for themselves. The self-aggrandizing posts which you wrote would warrant criticism came after your comment, which seemingly opened the door to disparaging posts including ones that completely fail to grasp what the event is in the first place: a Punjabi concert with a few bhangra performances to get the show started.

Aneeta

I wish we were a bhangra team in Jersey, just so I could see Miss Pooja! Good opportunity!!! =)