Mount Rushmore of Bhangra Captains?

lavesh

sumeetj said:
Lavesh Pritmani - not only brought and instilled alot of knowledge about traditional/folk/yall know what i mean/etc bhangra to NC but the academy he started continues to flourish today and he runs a bhangra teaching app - not much more to say

Raj Shah (UNC) - not many coed teams reached this level of cleanliness and well executed ideas - VPD 2011-Blowout 2012 them and Fauj were def cleanest on circuit

Sid/Ram/Harman/Pankaj/Rohan - These FCB captains over the years have not only kept bhangra alive in the Burgh, but have instilled a desire in dancers that is hard to really replicate. The fact that the dancer turnover on FCB is immense yet they continue to put on great performances with new dancers is no fluke - there is a system behind it.

All of these are self-pumps as I've danced alongside each of these gentlemenz and benefited from their amazingness
Bajwa99 said:
Lavesh Pritmani - Founder/Captain of Natya Academy's Gajjde Gabroo & Gajjdi Jawani. He is the man who has stuck to his word, of dancing folk no matter what anyone says. Not only has he taught all of us, on the Topic of "Bhangra". But many values have been passed on in our lives, that with a guarantee will forever stay with us. Respect. Discipline. Confidence. Much love homie!
appreciate that big time sumeet and harry...means a lot! honored to have shared stage/practice with you guys.

i vote for saleem, without whom BTF would not exist and Bhangra marriages/babies would not happen

mafzal

Judge / Dancer
Vic Sehdev - SGPD
One of the wisest people I ever met, and huge props on building not only the team but what led to an academy and serious gig business

Sundeeptij

*Buckeye Bhangra*
Nimit Desai of Buckeye Bhangra (a bit biased :p ). Albeit, relatively a new captain he runs the team extremely well, excites the new dancers, and creates a great practice environment.
The best captain Buckeye has seen, and will undoubtedly take the team to new heights.

And of course, many of the previously listed individuals :)

surge95

dance like nobody's watching
Sundeeptij said:
Nimit Desai of Buckeye Bhangra (a bit biased :p ). Albeit, relatively a new captain he runs the team extremely well, excites the new dancers, and creates a great practice environment.
The best captain Buckeye has seen, and will undoubtedly take the team to new heights.

And of course, many of the previously listed individuals :)

Gotta give props to Nimit! Of course time will tell whether he ends up in the same class as the amazing captains mentioned, but I can definitely see that Buckeye has something special, and its clear that Nimit provides a great example for his team. We should never count out the collegiate circuit because there's always restless teams with restless captains waiting for their opportunity and I'm glad buckeye has seized on theirs.

surge95

dance like nobody's watching
pavbhaji91 said:
Brennan Chu of Cornell Bhangra, to me, redefined Bhangra and deserves all four faces of Mount Rushmore.

and of course...

Brennan Chu = MVP

Nimit

I appreciate the Buckeye Bhangra love and I totally didn't pay Sundeepti to say that ;) . Not even close to being mentioned in the same thread as these other captains and my official title is "choreographer" anyway so idk if I even qualify :p

Saab

Today is a gift
Samir Singh - Steel City Bhangra/First Class Bhangra

Never really filled out the captain shoes, but I won't forget the day's spent at your apartment teaching me the routine and catching me up for my first diwali show. Don't think I would still be dancing if you didn't spend a lot of that time with me, and was really the glue that held together a lot of fun FCB team's together.

Feet to the meat!