• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Nachdi Jawani @ Elite 8 Bhangra Invitational 2011 HD (Official video)

Mukandpuria

I don't know if people picked up on this but there is someone back stage pulling all the props under the curtain and replacing them with new props...smart.

now that SGPD placed....NJ going to bring some mind numbing ra-donk shit next year....
Next year is going to be crazy....

hope i don't sound stupid for saying this even tho i love NJ to death... but was there gigantic amount of half assing and a really big lack of energy in this routine ...

=( it was realy bad some of the dancers were like wtf on stage

sartajjudge

Great performance with a mix that was just as sick. They def. did it up big as expected like last year. The only thing I felt that stopped them from winning was the recycling of choreo in certain parts from last years performance.

indiaman5

i LOVE nj to death, but my god did sgpd blow this routine out of the water or what? too much recycled choreo and general lack of energy throughout the routine. expecting nj to come back with a vengeance :)

kaalia

great and original gimmicks....BUT the set was weak and sloppy all over the routine. I don't know if it was cause of mixxing of older NJ with Jawani warriors or just lack of prep or whatever but not upto the NJ standards that everyone knows. All in all unique set but better luck next year.

godzilla bhangra

faysal said:
still can't figure out the damn magic trick even in etch d :/ lol
from what i can figure out they used a magicians wand trick. which is basically the wand and when they pull it apart it collapses and our come the handkerchiefs. idk but thats my guess

GSingh

didn't like the mix. Too much shit. Especially the jhumar, waaayyyy too many sounds clashing. Performance: some parts were good. I was really diggin the very beginning with the tradaitional choreo especially with the dhol but then it just became messy. Talwaaraan segment was also good.

Overall, better luck next year. PLZ!

Kush

do people really think NJ is gonna get the invite next year over NYPD? or TAG? I don't... not yet at least.

Thats not a statement about their legacy, ability, or talent. its a statement about success and current performance. its Elite 8 2012. Not Elite 8 Of All Time.

Smash

Kush said:
do people really think NJ is gonna get the invite next year over NYPD? or TAG? I don't... not yet at least.

Thats not a statement about their legacy, ability, or talent. its a statement about success and current performance. its Elite 8 2012. Not Elite 8 Of All Time.
Gotta agree with this. I don't see how they get invited again because they haven't done jack in the bhangra world recently. One could even make the argument that they didn't deserve to be in last year seeing how their only competed at BDM and won first. I really don't see how they get in next year esp after putting down this joke of a performance where you have blackouts between every segment and half the team is out of energy 2 songs in.

faizan

Just shut up and dance
nj= the best bhangra team of all time...still got madd love for them...by far my favorite team of all time...shitty performances happen, but their shitty performance is better than 90% of the teams on the circuit.

i'm a groupie.

kashkoor15

I am a huge fan of NJ! I would say if they performed last year's performance this year against SGPD's sick routine at elite 8 2011...it would have been a tough call. SGPD would prob still have won bc they were so clean but it would have been more of a competition while this year after SGPD performed everyone knew that they had it in the bag. Both teams are very sick

Mukandpuria

Kush said:

i disagree bro....NJ still holds it down....this year just wasn't as sick as last year....it all goes down to what happens this upcoming year...NJ goes to couple of comps and places, they are good. Tag only placed at two comps over the past two years...NYPD might have a solid shot since they have gone to a lot of comps and placed.

Just my opinion but.....Elite is what it is because of the NJ vs. SGPD rivalry....Lets be real

Smash

Abhi said:
[Just my opinion but.....Elite is what it is because of the NJ vs. SGPD rivalry....Lets be real
If you want to be real, then Elite 8 is what it is because of the first year. They were the first competition to bring together the top teams in North America. Back then almost everyone would agree that Bhangra Empire, SGPD, NJ, and VCU where the top 4 teams of the time and they brought all four into one competition. Thats why it was soo epic. This past year was weak compared to the first year. Teams this year at elite was overall disappointing compared to the previous year.