• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Nachdi Jawani @ Jashan 2012

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
song at 2:10 is gabru, by simon nandhra. it's already in the media center, apparently.

what are the songs at 3:53, 4:24, and 7:38?

abhele408

http://soundcloud.com/abhele
voxanimus said:
song at 2:10 is gabru, by simon nandhra. it's already in the media center, apparently.

what are the songs at 3:53, 4:24, and 7:38?

7:38 is jatti by panjabi mc its already in the media center too

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
thanks man; after watching the GTV video i realized what the 7:38 song actually was. it's just really well mixed; so much so that it sounds like a different song.

Cherag

One of the best sets when it comes to the mix and the overall creation of the set, not one move was placed in being forced, and everything flowed nicely. NJ did a great job and it shows presentation of humility, when a team, no matter what team they are, can step back and take criticism. I read about it after elite, and after idols, TOO MUCH STOP AND GO. Well there's no more of that. I also see another thing that NJ has done well. The dancers have become more controlled and the team looks more like one unit now, compared to X dancer on NJ who ripped it, or Y dancer on NJ who ripped it. Impressed. But with dicipline, a team must maintain the dancing ability and energy level that were displayed in previous performances. I felt like there may have been one or two weaker or newer dancers here, but I have seen the majority of these faces before, and I have seen better. There was a clear lack of energy in this set (from older performances), now when referring back to a disciplined team, this can be a great thing when energy is a bit lower, but it is on the same level, it is fine. But when a team starts bending their arms too much and looking lazy during pump thari, or thari jhoomer, and some people look like their standing or walking (light bulb phummania), it shows a poor execution of the moves it really does. I feel like teams can get away with this if their energy is higher as a whole, sometimes a viewer can lose sight of the execution of moves. But because this was a much more controlled performance I was happy. But what needs to be fixed is the execution of moves which ends up declining as the performance goes on and this can be lost to the naked eye in the hype and actual creation of the set and the mix.

Mukandpuria

Cherag said:
One of the best sets when it comes to the mix and the overall creation of the set, not one move was placed in being forced, and everything flowed nicely. NJ did a great job and it shows presentation of humility, when a team, no matter what team they are, can step back and take criticism. I read about it after elite, and after idols, TOO MUCH STOP AND GO. Well there's no more of that. I also see another thing that NJ has done well. The dancers have become more controlled and the team looks more like one unit now, compared to X dancer on NJ who ripped it, or Y dancer on NJ who ripped it. Impressed. But with dicipline, a team must maintain the dancing ability and energy level that were displayed in previous performances. I felt like there may have been one or two weaker or newer dancers here, but I have seen the majority of these faces before, and I have seen better. There was a clear lack of energy in this set (from older performances), now when referring back to a disciplined team, this can be a great thing when energy is a bit lower, but it is on the same level, it is fine. But when a team starts bending their arms too much and looking lazy during pump thari, or thari jhoomer, and some people look like their standing or walking (light bulb phummania), it shows a poor execution of the moves it really does. I feel like teams can get away with this if their energy is higher as a whole, sometimes a viewer can lose sight of the execution of moves. But because this was a much more controlled performance I was happy. But what needs to be fixed is the execution of moves which ends up declining as the performance goes on and this can be lost to the naked eye in the hype and actual creation of the set and the mix.
Spot on what I was thinking...looks like the new generation of Nachdi! DOPE!

dholiman20

the song at 3:53 the second video (GTV video: 5:54) - Panjabi MC Feat Surinder Shinda - Sassi....
They used a mixed version though..
Song at 4:24 second video (GTV video: 6:25) - It's a mix of 2 songs put together..
- Lil Sach Feat Karan MC - Queen Of My Heart
- Lil Sach - Lishkare Tere
Again.. they used a mixed version.. These are the originals that I've listed..