• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

New Member? Introduce yourself here!

DAMBhangra

Hey everyone! We are DAMbhangra, Oregon State's new competitive team and are excited to be a part of the competitive circuit this year. We are currently looking to see if any teams have a set of vardiyan for 12 people to rent out.

Please contact us at oregonstatebhangra@gmail.com if you would like to get in touch.
Thank you!

Raghavtrip

Hey everyone! We are DAMbhangra, Oregon State's new competitive team and are excited to be a part of the competitive circuit this year. We are currently looking to see if any teams have a set of vardiyan for 12 people to rent out.

Please contact us at oregonstatebhangra@gmail.com if you would like to get in touch.
Thank you!
Couldn't be more proud, first competitive team coming out of Oregon in history and incredibly motivated, talented leadership!

throwback http://bhangrateamsforum.com/a/threads/bhangra-in-portland-or.25285/ @akhbar @rajkaran

Post on BTF with any concerns/issues you have as a new team growing and applying for comps and we'll all be more than happy to help. Thanks for finally bringing the best state into the competitive circuit ???

AmarTheImmortal

Name: Amar Paul
Team Affiliation(s): DRP (2017 - now)
Favorite Artist: Stereo Nation, Gurdas Maan, Bally Sagoo, Daler Mehndi, KiD CuDi
Favorite Song: Nachange Saari Raath, Through the Late Night
Favorite Competition: Bruin, Blowout
Favorite Food: Chole Bhature
Interests: Bhangra, Music Production, Video Games, Food, Brains

Ashim Kemson

Hello All,
I am a Singer/Music Director by profession. I have done a small character role in Kabir Singh where I was the beggar and sang the song Dil Naiyo Lagda Jatt Da to Shahid Kapoor when he and his dog is removed out of his rented apartment and I provide him Lodging and food. Those two verses from the movie have garnered public recognition and I have been requested to make available the full song. I have made a full song in Punjabi of those two folk verses. The song is already uploaded on my YouTube channel, I will be obliged if you could have a hear and watch the song, and in case you like it publish it on your channel.
Attached is the compressed version of the song
Below is my youtube link -

varun_thachil

Name: Varun Thachil
Team Affiliation(s): Spartan Bhangra
Favorite Artist: Navv Inder, Panjabi MC, Arijit Singh, Post Malone, Rihanna, Drake
Favorite Song: Gerua
Favorite Competition: Buckeye Mela (my only comp)
Favorite Food: Mutton Biriyani and Mixture
Interests: tennis, traveling, hiking

kwamek7

Name: Kwame Kwakwa
Team Affiliation(s): Cornell Bhangra
Favorite Artist: Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar
Favorite Song: no idea tbh
Favorite Competition: Bhangra in the Burgh (Honorable mention for Pao Bhangra lmao)
Favorite Food: Bacon cheeseburgers, very basic
Interests: Video games, european football,... Bhangra I guess?

harmanboparai23

Name: Harman Boparai
Team Affiliation(s): Shane Punjab
Favorite Artist: Karan Aujla
Favorite Song: Dont Look
Favorite Competition: Elite
Favorite Food: pizzaaa
Interests: basketballll

TheClaytonius

Hello!

Name: Clay Freeman (sometimes known as Charandeep)
Team Affiliation(s): Georgia Bhangra All-Stars (formerly Texas Bhangra and Birmingham's Blazin' Bhangra)
Favorite Artist: Khalid, Fateh, Sidhu Moose Wala
Favorite Song: Blinding Lights by The Weeknd
Favorite Competition: Boston Bhangra Comp
Favorite Food: Pho
Interests: Bhangra (duh), the Rocky Horror Picture Show, travel

NickN414

Hello!

Name: Nick Nguyen
Team Affiliation: Davidson College Bhangra
Favorite Artist: Bad Bunny, Troye Sivan, Diljit Dosanjh (I know I'm basic)
Favorite Song: 25/8 Bad Bunny
Favorite Competition: Never been to one, Davidson Bhangra does not compete
Favorite Food: Korean BBQ
Interests: Eating great food, drinking even better coffee, watching movies, and of course... bhangra!

LJF

Name: Lee-John Fernandes
Team Affiliation: Never been on a team, but always enjoyed watching competitions!
Favorite Artist: Fateh, Bohemia, Sidhu, Karan, Rameet, Baani Sandhu, RDB
Favorite Song: Too many
Favorite Competition: Got my SJSU pride, but always enjoyed UC Davis shows
Favorite Food: Biryani
Interests: Bhangra, Punjabi music, soccer, basketball, hiking, volunteering

Last edited:

Indian Musicals USA

Hello everyone!
I am Kanweljeet Singh owner at Indian Musicals USA ( FRESNO CA ). I am a maker repairer and tuner of all indian musical instruments. I do repair the dhol ( microphone on dhol, tuning ), tumbi, harmonium, tabla, sitar, veena etc. I do teach dhol too.
So good to see this forum. If you would like to get in touch with me, I am just a call away :)
Ph: 732 9380737

Many Thanks