• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

New School Mixes...

Vivek

Member
Messages
166
kinnell said:
Regarding sound effects, I actually recorded my own gun-shot sound effect. Didn't have to go far in Cleveland to hear one. Just left my microphone on for the night because I thought it would be funny. Apparently some dude tried mugging a group of students nearby and fired a gun to scare them (which significantly helped cops to find and arrest the poor guy).
poor guy?...lol

"Hey did you hear, they caught the killer"
"aww...poor guy"



yea, too many bass drops and gunshots in mixes...people are taking what Sher has been doing...and multiplying it by 100...overkill...especially now that they've got their hands on that bass/cymbal effect...its even worse.
 

HarmanSingh

New Member
Messages
531
Vick said:
Parul said:
also ive noticed if u ever watch a video where some1s recording like an uncle and then all of a sudden his song goes off and he gets all excited-and starts singinggg and u can hear this-but then its cut short---now thats really playing w/ur crowds emotion (in a somewhat cruel manner)--- i think the crowd really appreciates more the fact that ya if u have a sweet song in there (like for older people- you use somethin they know of)-they wanna hear the whole thing, not just be given a snippet---plus theyd remember that 30- minute segment more than the 15 second snippet
HAHAHAH.. say what? who gives a damn what the uncles think...If you really wanted to impress them, throw in some amitabh bachan up in the mix.... hahaha...

kinnell said:
Regarding sound effects, I actually recorded my own gun-shot sound effect. Didn't have to go far in Cleveland to hear one. Just left my microphone on for the night because I thought it would be funny. Apparently some dude tried mugging a group of students nearby and fired a gun to scare them (which significantly helped cops to find and arrest the poor guy).
dont believe that for a second... when your mic picks up a gun shot from a distance, the clarity is no where near the same as created gun shot sounds... i want to hear this recorded gun shot... you had to amplify it or something, unless the gun shots took place right next to your mic... and also when you leave a mic laying around, theres a lot of "dead" noise, i dont know how to describe it, its noise but not really noise... kinda like when you turn your speakers all the way up but dont have any music playing...
Lol sorry Kinnell, I am with Vick.
 

kinnell

*Account Deactivated*
Messages
2,159
Vick said:
dont believe that for a second... when your mic picks up a gun shot from a distance, the clarity is no where near the same as created gun shot sounds... i want to hear this recorded gun shot... you had to amplify it or something, unless the gun shots took place right next to your mic... and also when you leave a mic laying around, theres a lot of "dead" noise, i dont know how to describe it, its noise but not really noise... kinda like when you turn your speakers all the way up but dont have any music playing...
I'm being called out? NIIIIICE. :) So, I do have a gun shot recording, but you are 100% correct - it's no where as clean or as loud as the gun shot effects you normally hear in bhangra mixes. Those sound effects are crisp and clean and yeah, this has other sounds and you hear it in the background. Even amplifying the sound, it's not as good. I did it because I wanted original effects and thought it would be funny if I actually got the sound effect. And today I find out that our library has an archive of 28 different gun shots based on the type of gun that shot them. So much easier, lol.

And Vivek, I was being sarcastic - kinda. You gotta feel bad for some of these guys because they think firing a gun to scare kids isn't going to attract cops to the area. (We do have a lot of cops in the area).
 
Top