• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

No team? :(

ladoopants786

I was just admitted into cal poly SLO and I checked it out - there's no bhangra team! I thought that since it's a good engineering school there would be a lot of brown people which would naturally translate into the engendering of a competitive team. Am I missing something, or is there really no team in the area??

GSingh

nope. That's one thing that made me not want to go there. it was taht or sj state. bay area is wayy better :)

rajiv0224

you can start a team. check with the student organization office at your school. they usually have all of the resources you need. its more work to start a team, but it is definitely doable.

mithu

rajiv0224 said:
you can start a team. check with the student organization office at your school. they usually have all of the resources you need. its more work to start a team, but it is definitely doable.
Yeah, thats what we did at Uni of Delaware

ladoopants786

I was thinking about starting one. Thanks for the advice! Any fellow mustangs on the forum? HOLLA... and let's start a team

Basim

♥ BTF ♥
Staff member
ladoopants786 said:
I was thinking about starting one. Thanks for the advice! Any fellow mustangs on the forum? HOLLA... and let's start a team
If you need any help or guidelines with establishing a first year collegiate team, be sure to ask on the forums. There are a lot of nice, knowledgeable, experienced people that can help you out for sure.

Best of luck my friend,

~ Basim :)

RAJ22

pomona isnt super far away from riverside and other surrounding areas, riverside i.e.
it is still a drive, I drive from san fernando to irvine for practices, and thats a mission and a half

there is a good amount of teams in socal, just gotta look :)

vaibhav

RAJ22 said:
pomona isnt super far away from riverside and other surrounding areas
Hahah no Rajesh, Cal Poly Slo is in San Luis Obispo which is located in the

GSingh said:
middle of the state.
I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard for you to start a team in the area since like you said there are a bunch of desi people that go to SLO. Good luck!

RAJ22

vaibhav said:
RAJ22 said:
pomona isnt super far away from riverside and other surrounding areas
Hahah no Rajesh, Cal Poly Slo is in San Luis Obispo which is located in the

GSingh said:
middle of the state.
I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard for you to start a team in the area since like you said there are a bunch of desi people that go to SLO. Good luck!

oye vaihbinder, chup hoja

ladoopants786

My only concern is getting outfits, since I've been to Pak once hella days ago and no one in my family's planning to go anytime soon. Is there a place in the US/Canada that doesnt charge like a million dollars?

rajiv0224

ladoopants786 said:
My only concern is getting outfits, since I've been to Pak once hella days ago and no one in my family's planning to go anytime soon. Is there a place in the US/Canada that doesnt charge like a million dollars?
Look online. Here are some starters:

-www.bhangraavenue.com
-www.shopbhangra.com (look up the facebook page, lots of info there)
-www.muteyaar.com

I don't know many others, hopefully others can give more suggestions.

voxanimus

<('.'<) (>'.')>
i don't know exactly how expensive it is, but most vardiyan are ordered through HK (harkiran) of PANJ, who in turn goes to some amazingly legit indian dude named ramesh.
i know it is totally possible to order your vardiyan over the phone with photos and rough sketch mock-ups or something emailed as confirmation.
ship it by vessel; it'll take a hella long time but it won't cost much.

Armaan

If you are interested in vardiyaan just let me know. Average prices for a 12 set range from 1100 to 1600

ladoopants786

For sure I will Armaan. Can you link me a pic or vid of you guys wearing them? Just want to check them out yaddddddda

Armaan

I don't have my own teams vardiyaan for sale haha I can get a brand new set made for you. I'm working with other teams as well to get them vardiyaan for the upcoming bhangra season as well.