• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

NYC Bhangra Competitions

dheerja

Member
Messages
607
Hm I think my response got cut off. Anyway, what I said was that I believe the BOB organizers are alums of various dance teams, so they're probably not actively dancing on the bhangra circuit and can focus on organizing the competition.
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
You go ahead and start...and finish the project...
and WE as a group will take credit

:) :) :) :)
 

dheerja

Member
Messages
607
Hans said:
Jasmeet said:
but on the topic of competition in NYC...it can be done. gw gets it done, but that's over years of experience and training.
Well, GW "gets it done" in DC, which is a decent-sized city, but let's not kid ourselves, it's no New York. All the costs and difficulties that Dheerja mentioned are drastically higher in NYC. Also, having competed there 3 times, I would use the term "getting it done" very loosely when it comes to Blowout. I'd compare them to Zee in terms of organization, which is pretty bad. Definitely not a standard that NYC comp organizers should aim for.

I went to BOB the second year it was in New York (as a backup dancer for Malkit Singh... bad memories) and it actually seemed very well put together and professional. I wonder what those who competed there thought of its organization.

Oh, and on a side note, while I was typing this, there was a Comcast commercial on in the background (one of the ones with the fake robot turtle in it) and the music had the "Ch-ch-check this out" clip that Sher uses quite a bit. My ears perked up and I turned to the TV instinctively expecting to see a turtle doing a crazy 40 beat sequence.

Blowout is also organized by the GW SAS, NOT the GW Bhangra team.
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
Let's just make it happen! BTF Bhangra Championship!
EVERY TEAM in North America gets to compete locally and make it to the big dance!

that probably won't work...
but i'm bored at work...let's just make it happen!
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
932
is there not an overlap between the board members of both?
Jasmeet said:
Let's just make it happen! BTF Bhangra Championship!
EVERY TEAM in North America gets to compete locally and make it to the big dance!

that probably won't work...
but i'm bored at work...let's just make it happen!
hahah EVERY TEAM??? that would be nuts!
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
Pooja said:
is there not an overlap between the board members of both?
Jasmeet said:
Let's just make it happen! BTF Bhangra Championship!
EVERY TEAM in North America gets to compete locally and make it to the big dance!

that probably won't work...
but i'm bored at work...let's just make it happen!
hahah EVERY TEAM??? that would be nuts!
now make it happen pooja!!! that's your goal for 2010!
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
932
hahah ummm my goal right now is PASS THE CPA EXAMS. I have enough to do....how about YOU!!
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
Pooja said:
hahah ummm my goal right now is PASS THE CPA EXAMS. I have enough to do....how about YOU!!
psh! i may not be busy during that time...but still! you might as well do it!
 

Havish

New Member
Messages
250
You guys are crazy... But a BTF Competition would be baller

Btw, first thing that would have to get done is getting a venue an a date before any t-shirts or anything...
 

zagreus

Active Member
Messages
1,473
Havish said:
You guys are crazy... But a BTF Competition would be baller

Btw, first thing that would have to get done is getting a venue an a date before any t-shirts or anything...
oh havish...
you and your bright ideas! i just want a shirt mainly...just wait till this thing gets started! it's gonna kick ass!
bigger than BOB! BIGGER THAN THE OLYMPICS!
 

Pooja

I put the double o in cool.
Messages
932
Abhi said:
North America Bhangra Olympics Presented by BTF
in NEW YORK CITY!!!! sounds good, why don't you take a break from BBC and work on NABO Abhi!
 
Top