• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

*NYPD Bhangra Daang Segment of T-Dot Mix*

soorma23

Absolutely the sickkkest gimmick yet...from the mix to the cleanliness of the segment...impeccable...and watching it live...lets just say i felt like i was in a 3D bhangra version of 300

Manu

From the video description:

"All music in this set was fabricated by me, nothing was left original."
[/size]
[/size]I haven't seen the routine at all, but does this potentially mean that the entire mix was made from scratch...like starting with just vocals and everything else, like beats and such, you made by hand?

sartajjudge

The "300" gimmick looked interesting. I hope that their entire performance will be posted on YouTube soon.

Kush

Manu said:

[/size]
[/size]I haven't seen the routine at all, but does this potentially mean that the entire mix was made from scratch...like starting with just vocals and everything else, like beats and such, you made by hand?
Doubtful... harmans sick but i can already hear the DBI dhol beat in this segment... so its far from completely scratch.

GSingh

Manu said:

I haven't seen the routine at all, but does this potentially mean that the entire mix was made from scratch...like starting with just vocals and everything else, like beats and such, you made by hand?
Rhythm is really not that difficult to fabricate, the hard part is coming up with melodies. I've been wanting to make a completely original production mix for a long time but every time I get going, its like... eh fuck this.

HarmanToor

Nachde Yaar Punjab De
I cant quote off my phone but yes there are tracks that are made from scratch i.e vocals only

And kush hehe thats just 1 of 3 dhol loops i used to give it that bulky heavy dhol sound, or else the hois from the original dbi sample would have overpowered in the mix.. I phase shifted the heaviest sample i had and increased the bass so that the deeper hits are surroud sounded but it didnt come as i wanted but still awesome nonetheless

J Hayer

wow. this is intense! ...post it?
if youre not planning on posting it-- just based on this, i'd without a doubt pay for this mix!
heck, put it on itunes, we all would lol

Kush

HarmanToor said:
I cant quote off my phone but yes there are tracks that are made from scratch i.e vocals only

And kush hehe thats just 1 of 3 dhol loops i used to give it that bulky heavy dhol sound, or else the hois from the original dbi sample would have overpowered in the mix.. I phase shifted the heaviest sample i had and increased the bass so that the deeper hits are surroud sounded but it didnt come as i wanted but still awesome nonetheless
haha dont have to justify it bro, i dont care what's used in any mix so long as the end product makes my ears tingle. I can tell theres much more than just that loop in there, I was just responding to the question.

GSingh

tad too much treble, like its piercing my ears but other than that, I expect nothing less from Harman.