• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

OFFICIAL Dhol Di Awaz Results and Discussion

sonali

New Member
Messages
21
congrats to TEB

??????????Heray placed maybe they were local team that's y.....crowd points..

I am there and i think NJ were better, VCU could be 2nd.
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
So I guess TEB is going to BOB, vs. VCU (burgh bid) and Empire (Boston bid). that's three bhangra teams with completely different styles i would say so let's see.

VCU been rackin' it up this year, burgh, boston, dda, and still have vibc, fusion, bob, blowout---crazy..!
 

Chidiya

New Member
Messages
338
Ya granted I havnt seen the vids but I am BEYOND shock right now that NJ didn't place. There I was having dinner with my friends and I get a text from Ojala.."NJ didn't place!" WTf! My fork fell! hahaah Congrats to the winning teams. Can't wait to see the vids
 

Daman-Malhi

twitter.com/Daman_AG
Messages
468
CONGRATS TO T.E.B FOR THEIR FIRST PLACE WIN. I cant believe Nachdi didn't place ???
Shout out to Luv-E ;) and MANDEEP ;D

VIDEOS PLEASEEEE !!!
 

Armaan

Active Member
Messages
423
congrats to all the teams who placed! (YEAHHH VCU...once again!!!! lol)

At first I honestly thought NJ would place too, but now that I think about it, unless they changed up their routine from Masti a few weeks ago, then it makes sense. Once again tho, congrats to all the competitors, and especially to the placing teams!
 

oJaLa

Bhangra makes the world go round
Messages
409
Gabar Singh said:
Ya granted I havnt seen the vids but I am BEYOND shock right now that NJ didn't place. There I was having dinner with my friends and I get a text from Ojala.."NJ didn't place!" WTf! My fork fell! hahaah Congrats to the winning teams. Can't wait to see the vids
I didn't want you to behind in the loop ;)
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
i guess Drexel went all-guys? it's unfortunate for that guy's pagg... :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUys_guwczE


EDIT: never mind, this is Bhangra Knightz, it's just titled wrong in youtube...
 

Sarabjit

New Member
Messages
224
Arjun said:
i guess Drexel went all-guys? it's unfortunate for that guy's pagg... :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUys_guwczE
[tr][td]

thats Bhangra Knightz not Drexel, and they were co-ed
 

SunnyParmar

New Member
Messages
97
Just got back from the after party and theres a couple things to highlight in this competition. So I just thought i'd review over all the teams.

Nachdi Jawani - Honestly no idea how they didn't place. They were the only team that actually had the crowd hooting and hollering throughout the whole performance and it was a TOUGH crowd. If the team wasn't hometown crowd there wasn't much going for them. Super clean set and everyone was given 110%. I think they were the cleanest team tonight. Also one guy from the team broke his sapp and still managed to grab a piece of it and use it for almost im guessing 45 seconds to a minute. Amazing set. The same as masti maybe a couple changes.

Drexel: I don't personally know much about them but they were pretty good. A couple really talented dancers in the team. I didn't really like their vardiyan but the set was good. Really traditional. Not clean at all. Lots of straight lines off with at least 2-3 people. And needed to be more synchronized.

DRP: I didn't get to see them so sorry.

B2B: I was on stage...but didn't get too good feedback.

Bhangra Knights: Personally I don't even want to review these guys. We here it all the time people throwing their paghs on stage you'd think someone would tell these guys "if you pagh is falling off either take it off your head and put it somewhere or let it flop all over you". The guy just tossed it off his head and didn't even pick it up right after the performance. I'm sorry to say if you believe a bhangra competition is more then culture you shouldn't even be dancing. You know who you are. FIX IT!

VCU: Straight sick! Personally I don't think they should've been 3rd. SOOOO sick! Benny and surmeets jodi is just orgasmic sooo much chemistry. Its a real joy to watch a team that can mix and match their partners and still have so much chemistry. I belive it was mostly their previously performed set (boston?). Quick pointer - Surmeet was in the front of the stage and ended up having a sapp right in front of his foot and the move he was doing would've brought his foot right on top but HE ADJUSTED himself so his foot didn't touch the sapp. Theres a reason why these guys are great, respect is the first thing.

Heeray: As much as these guys are nice and talented I didn't think they were going to place. They mostly kept one jodi in the front and it wasn't a refreshing routine. Nothing really stuck on. Really relied on just having good energy and nakhre. Basic formations but semi-clean. I was surprised to see them place.

TEB: I just found my bhangra idol. Holy ****. Guy in red I believe his name is Manna (Manpreet). He's the brother founder of TEB who passed away Parma. This guy danced like the whole world was watching him. SOOO MUCH EXCITMENT! It got me excited just to watch him. I couldn't take my eyes away from his nakhre. DEFINATELY the best dancer i've seen in a while. Absolutely captivating. Loved the set. Was completely original and I was glad to see a team that didn't look like an idea video. Mind blowing.

Davis Di Dynasty: Last but not least davis. I didn't get to see the whole thing but from what I got it was really clean but really slow. Lots of good nakhre and formations. I heard they got a whole new squad but it was nice to see Ajit up front.

My Personal Placings:

1. TEB/Nachdi
2. TEB/Nachdi
3. VCU

Honestly a competition of this caliber I don't even know If i can even say that those three teams shouldn't have tied or something.

Congrats to all the teams, amazing competition.
 

ban3rg

Active Member
Messages
1,492
SunnyParmar said:
Quick pointer - Surmeet was in the front of the stage and ended up having a sapp right in front of his foot and the move he was doing would've brought his foot right on top but HE ADJUSTED himself so his foot didn't touch the sapp. Theres a reason why these guys are great, respect is the first thing.
Wow, thanks for the review. sounds like it was a memorable show fsho, so jealous. But yo probably it would have hurt a lot too if he stepped on a sapp (or like, stomped on it)! haha not just for respect but safety too i'm sure.
 

SunnyS

New Member
Messages
101
Congratz to T.E.B ...im enjoying this victory sittin next to gaurav and listenin to him sing boli's ;D
 

Gurpal

New Member
Messages
189
Damnn im lovingg thiss

Congrats to Toronto Elite Bhangra on their 1st glorious victory good job boys

Im sure our brother up there is proud of you guys :)
 
Top