• Bhangra discussion is still going strong. Join us in our Facebook group!

    New user registration has been closed (as it was entirely spam). We encourage you to post in our Facebook group, even if it's a followup to an existing thread. BTF will continue to be archived and hosted here - Saleem

Outfit compositions

Saab

Today is a gift
Messages
991
I know a lot of different material is put into making a costume, but I was wondering what teams normally use as materials for parts of their outfits. What materials do you guys use for vest, chadres, kurthas, etc.?
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Satin used to be very popular. Im sure teams still use that. I believe cotton is used for more traditional fits.
 

Meistro

Asi Shounk Nu Karaiyaan Muschaan Kundiyaan...
Messages
2,065
Swi said:
don't do satin vests, they flop around and stunts are a pain
hahahah what swi said. you wanna get a stiff material and line the inside...are you planning on getting fits made locally saab?
 

Saab

Today is a gift
Messages
991
I want to get it from india, but I wanted an atypical traditional outfit composition(i.e velvet vests and etc.). I just wanted what options are usually used for most established teams and traditional teams.
 

Kaur

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,294
Hey I got vardiyan made for about 8 teams while I was in india and everyone is different.

Cheapeast is a material called crepe its what most traditional teams use and it has no shine to it, but it works well and is easy to wash

Then you can go for satin, our anj boys chadre and vests are both made out of satin, this is a bit pricey b/c the material has to be dyed.

Vests and chadre are either made out of crepe or out of satin, The kurteh is totally up to the team, our kurteh are made out of silk which ispricey and dry clean only. But even for kurteh most teams go for crepe and you can get it self printed which looks good.

Hopefully this helps :)
 
Top